Kevin Greene In Camp - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Kevin Greene In Camp

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kevin Greene In Camp

Postby DUKE » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:29 pm

MOTIVATIONAL: Former Steelers linebacker Kevin Greene, working in camp with Bengals linebackers and pass rushers this week, has a message for the defense.

"The thing is, enjoy the situation you're in, make the most of it, and love it and live it, and be the best professional athlete you can be," Greene said of his theme for Bengals defenders. "Just don't be merely a talent, a guy dripping with athletic ability, and show great potential. Take it to another level. Develop an attitude about your defense that you're going to break people's (butts) every play and come after people. Have the attitude and back it up."

Greene, who played for Marvin Lewis when Lewis was the Steelers' linebackers coach from 1992-95, is third all-time in career sacks with 160 over 16 seasons. He had 35.5 sacks in four seasons with Lewis.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:07 pm

season.....so.......close.......get......here.......sooner.........

Its great to see such positive things going on with the defense and the coaching staff trying to encourage them and get them in the right mindset. We are finally about to see what it means to have "Marvin-type guys" all coming together.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:10 pm

Flux wrote:season.....so.......close.......get......here.......sooner.........

Its great to see such positive things going on with the defense and the coaching staff trying to encourage them and get them in the right mindset. We are finally about to see what it means to have "Marvin-type guys" all coming together.

You know it my brotha B-) Now Pollack, get your ass in camp! :-#
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benjapage » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:12 pm

pollack actually left cincinnati yesterday, thereby signifying the chasm between his agency and the bengals' agency. it's all about the signing bonus, which i understand--because if he somehow gets shredded and his career ends on the field, he'd have something to show for it.

i still wish he'd get the fk on with it and start practicing. it does not help our defensive cohesion when such an important centerpiece is playing the new madden on the loveseat in his den.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DUKE » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:20 pm

benjapage wrote:pollack actually left cincinnati yesterday, thereby signifying the chasm between his agency and the bengals' agency. it's all about the signing bonus, which i understand--because if he somehow gets shredded and his career ends on the field, he'd have something to show for it.

i still wish he'd get the fk on with it and start practicing. it does not help our defensive cohesion when such an important centerpiece is playing the new madden on the loveseat in his den.

b

I want him in there badly, but a part of me is thinking/wondering that the Bengals are being tight-assed about this negotiation. After seeing how the Thurman contract worked out, I'd bet that they are trying to lowball Pollack too. It's apparently over a couple of hundred thousand in signing bonus. In relative terms, that shouldn't be all that much to come to agreement on. One other thing to consider is the Erasmus James contract holdout, who was drafted directly after Pollack. I predicted it would be done by today and it's looking like that won't be the case. :-t
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flux » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:19 pm

Maybe we should all send the Bengals some money to help resolve this
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benjapage » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:47 pm

i have...let's see, here--yeah, 62 cents. and i'll throw in my 1973 analog 2-track reel-to-reel and my leftover thai dinner. :-B

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Cincinnati Bengals