Dave is done... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Dave is done...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:37 am

maddog60 wrote:I guess I'm one of the few that agrees with Chapelle, the show ran its course.

I mean I loved a lot of the skits, but how many times can you use the same punch line: B****! and keep it funny?

That was like one sketch, and the only reason you kept hearing it was because morons who weren't Dave Chappelle kept repeating it.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:58 am

34=Sweetness wrote:
maddog60 wrote:I guess I'm one of the few that agrees with Chapelle, the show ran its course.

I mean I loved a lot of the skits, but how many times can you use the same punch line: B****! and keep it funny?

That was like one sketch, and the only reason you kept hearing it was because morons who weren't Dave Chappelle kept repeating it.

Too many sketches. Off the top of my head, the good ones: Samuel Jackon's, Wayne Brady, Rick James, etc, all with the same punchline.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby defianthart » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:19 pm

maddog60 wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:

Too many sketches. Off the top of my head, the good ones: Samuel Jackon's, Wayne Brady, Rick James, etc, all with the same punchline.

although i dont remember b**** being a large part of either the samuel jacksons or wayne brady skits, just because he reuses a word the entire thing is not funny? and even if its used in totally different situations?

in fact i dont remember hearing b**** for any significant part during either skits you mentioned. wayne brady says is wayne brady gonna have to choke a b****, but its used in a totally different context in a different situation and there are 4 or 5 other events that happen during the skit that dont use that word at all... and the SJ's skit the only parts i really remember are "ITLL GET YOU DRUNK" and "HAVENT YOU SEEN MY MOVIES? THIS IS HOW I TALK" so maybe b**** is used but i wouldnt say its the same punchline thats used in the rick james skit
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:25 pm

That's terrible. Now that means no more awesome laughs and skits. :-t :-t :-t :,-(

Hey, at least now the Racial Draft officially makes it into his books as best skit! :-)
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Manja » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:18 pm

I seriously think that Charlie's True Hollywood Stories would be his best two skits...

Cocaine's a helluva drug...

Why don't you go purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka?

Then again.. I loved Knee High Park... the Racial Draft was awesome...

At least he went out on top, like Fresh Prince and 3rd Rock did. Because sometimes a show gets really old *cough*Simpsons*cough*.

EDIT: And how could I forget about the Black White Supremacist? All his skits were awesome...
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hastur » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:36 pm

The white family with the last name got me laughing pretty good. Also, the Sesame Street themed skit with the VD's dancing across the screen had me urinating my slacks.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:41 pm

So long, bitch!!!
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk