Best spot to go skinny dipping... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Best spot to go skinny dipping...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best spot to go skinny dipping...

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:26 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4746787.stm

Italian river 'full of cocaine'

Scientists have found large quantities of a cocaine by-product in a river in northern Italy - suggesting consumption is much higher than previously thought.
The River Po was found to be carrying the equivalent of nearly 4kg (8.8lb) of cocaine daily. The Po Valley is home to about five million people.

The study estimated daily consumption to be about 27 doses (100mg or 0.004oz each) per 1,000 young adults.

The study was published by the web journal Environmental Health.

The chemical tested - benzoylecgonine (BE) - had arrived via the sewage system from the urine of drug users. A by-product of cocaine metabolism, it cannot be produced by other means.

The estimated daily consumption "greatly exceeds official national figures," the report says.

'Staggering' figures

The team says the test has to be refined before being applied on a vast scale.

The team, led by Dr Ettore Zuccato from the Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research in Milan, said they were taken aback by their findings, whose economic impact they described as "staggering".

"The large amount of cocaine (at least 1,500 kg/3,307lb) that our findings suggest are consumed per year in the River Po basin would amount... to about $150m (£84m) in street value," the scientists wrote in the journal.

They said the figure of 4kg of cocaine equivalent carried by the Po daily indicated about 40,000 doses of cocaine per day for the region.

But official estimates indicated only about 15,000 doses per month for young adults in the region.

The team hope that in the near future, they will be able to develop similar tests in order to assess the true number of cannabis and heroin users.

Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Calyxes » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:50 am

I don't know about skinny dipping there, but it would be one big body "nummy" if you did
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:24 am

The chemical tested - benzoylecgonine (BE) - had arrived via the sewage system from the urine of drug users. A by-product of cocaine metabolism, it cannot be produced by other means.

I guess Homless need to bathe somewhere too.

Hide this thread before mryanks sees it }:-)
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:28 am

Redskins Win wrote: I guess Homless need to bathe somewhere too.

Very true and I pick that river ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:38 am

im not so sure about numbing my johnson for an extended period of time... those crazy italians.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:24 pm

I guess everyone is missing the point that it's the byproduct, and will not get you high, numb or anything else. The real issue here is why so many of you want to swim in a river with such a high concentration of sewage!!! I'm starting to wonder about you guys.... %-6
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:00 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:I guess everyone is missing the point that it's the byproduct, and will not get you high, numb or anything else. The real issue here is why so many of you want to swim in a river with such a high concentration of sewage!!! I'm starting to wonder about you guys.... %-6

The by products of Italians = Wine and Cocaine with some pasta thrown in. Cant be all that bad ;-7
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Calyxes » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:41 pm

The by products of Italians = Wine and Cocaine with some pasta thrown in. Cant be all that bad

LOL ;-D
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:23 pm

Redskins Win wrote:

You forgot the T. :-[
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ChyBoy » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:21 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

You forgot the T. :-[

I thought Mr. Yanks was your nickname.
ChyBoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk