Trung Canidate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trung Canidate

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trung Canidate

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:24 pm

Whats the story with him? Spurrier said hed let us know if Canidate will be the full time starter or split carries but i havent heard anything yet.... I need him to be a starter since hes in the battle for my 2nd rb, if any of you have any news about canidate it would be greatly appreciated...
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:45 pm

spurrier said he would use all three of his rbs (canidate, watson, betts) that really decreases canidates value in my eyes. hes nothing better than a #3 or 4.

but the O line did look very good in run blocking in the last preseason game. trung scored but i think had a sub 3.0 ypc average... who is trung in a battle with for ur #2 spot? :-o
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:39 pm

canidate,buckhalter,pittman, and moe williams. peterson and bennett r on fa if u think i should pick one of them up.
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:43 pm

So much for the first rule of fantasy football, huh? No real way to get around 2 RBs in the first 3 rds. You end up with a RBBC as your best 2nd RB - and that spells trouble all season. Good Luck.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:51 pm

problem was by my 3rd round pick the best rb was troy hambrick so that strategy obviously didnt work
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:54 pm

eat my shorts, what kind of league are you in? feel free to post your draft results, lets get to the bottom of what happened.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:57 pm

12 team league and i ended up with 11th pick: below r the draft results:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... s&lid=8268
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:03 pm

those rnt exactly in order but i am the simpsons and here is the order of the 1st 3 rounds: ricky,lt,priest,portis,faulk,mcnabb,cpepper,deuce,alexander,henry, harrison,edge,owens,ahman,moss,manning,brooks,s davis,tiki,dillon, j lewis, taylor, william green,vick,ward,moulds,horn,george,burress,martin,krob,holt,boston,garner,toomer,warner
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:23 am

ok, from the draft you posted, it looks like you were the 7th pick in an 11 team league. You jumped for Harrison when you could have had your choice of RICKY WILLIAMS, McCalister, Henry, or Edge. All of them should have been taken ahead of Harrison - as a rule. Remember - 2 RBs in the first 3 rds is not just a suggestion - its a tattoo it somewhere so you dont forget rule.

OK, though, You chose Harrison as your first rd pick, fine, you can work with that. You got A. Green in the 2nd - good. Then, in the 3rd you went after a 2nd WR in Toomer when you could have had Garner. There was your 2nd mistake. 2 mistakes in the first 3 rds? Thats how you ended up with a RBBC as your 2nd RB.

"RBs rule. I must take 2 RBs in the first 3 rds regardless of everything else."
- fantasy owners must memorize and live by this.

Otherwise, I got no sympathy.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cornrows

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:11 pm

You got some attitude man - R U Sure U R From DET. because I was thinking Philly.
Anyway your right he dropped the ball -WR's are not near the worth of RB's and with so many WR's out their they can be had in the 5th RD on.

Friendliness: %

Next

Return to Football Talk