Cedric Benson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Chicago Bears

Cedric Benson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cedric Benson

Postby pangbones » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:24 pm

Would this guy hurry up and sign already. Nothing I hate worse than a holdout. Sign a frickin contract, and get your BUTT in camp. His agent is an idiot. Anyone else feel the same way?
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:19 pm

Yep, I am starting to become officially worried about Benson (which means he'll probably sign tomorrow). If he's out much longer it'll definitely hurt both himself and the team.

From what I'm hearing the Bears are offering him a bit more than Cadillac got at the number 5 pick, but Benson and his agent are holding out for more.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:24 am

I definately want him in camp ASAP, but I am torn on who is to blame. From what I've heard, the Bears are offering more than Caddy, but not enough more and Parker has the last three or four year's #4 picks contracts to prove it. Supposedly, even if Rivers big contract is disregarded the Bears still aren't offering enough.

Bottom line, Cedric needs to get to camp. The truth is though, it's not really Cedric who is keeping himself out of camp. It is J. Angelo and his agent, Parker. This is the way the business works though. The Bears can cut him at any time for salary cap or any other reasons so this is his only shot at guaranteed money. If his agent settles then he will start losing clients. I just can't seem to get angry at Benson over this.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:53 pm

i wonder how those #4 picks have panned out. who cares what they signed for. did they earn it?
RugbyD
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:11 am

It apparently doesn't matter anymore. Jones has done enough in my opinion to keep his job, and with Rex gone, neither one of them will be successful anyway, so let him sit the year if he wants. Why waste him getting pounded for a year when nothing can come of it.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

cut the guy

Postby payton 34 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:06 pm

if you can't "scrape" out a living on 17 million up front, then go elsewhere. period, paragraph.

payton is rolling in his grave!
payton 34
payton 34
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FatFoot » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:17 pm

Signed.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:39 pm

Thats great that he was signed, but not how you wanna start out your career. Rivers was a QB that was swapped with Manning, I think he deserved a little more.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:54 pm

No doubt. Chicago has done a lot of things wrong... taken too many chances that haven't paid off. They're continuing that tradition BIGTIME this year. But I think that the only one who will potentially be hurt by Benson signing this year is Adrian Peterson, who has no FF value anyway. I don't see him getting in at all this year, and the guy is pretty talented.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Chicago Bears