Burleson looking good

Moderator: Football Moderators

Burleson looking good

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:05 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=f ... &type=lgns

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Saturday, August 6, 2005

News
It has been widely assumed that 6-3 wide receiver Marcus Robinson would inherit the designated end zone receiver duties for the Vikings now that Randy Moss is gone. But the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports No. 1 wideout Nate Burleson has a 42 inch vertical and has been a "frequent red-zone target during training camp."

Views
If Burleson garners most of the end zone looks, he will swallow up what little fantasy value Robinson has. Either way, in Robinson and Burleson, the Vikings still have a solid pair of end zone targets for Daunte Culpepper to hook up with. And if all else fails, the big quarterback has been known to tuck it away and take it across the stripe himself from time to time.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gryphons » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:54 pm

Yep, and Travis Taylor is looking good in camp, too. Our receiving corp is looking very deep right now...

"Travis Taylor, so far the surprise of camp? "He's not a surprise to me," Culpepper said. "We were playing high school ball in Florida at the same time. He was one of the biggest names in Florida football.

"So, I knew about Travis ... knew he was better than the stats he was bringing from Baltimore. All he needed was a offensive system like this."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5556151.html
Gryphons
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:37 am

Travis Taylor = Sleeper

Of course, if he keeps this up he won't be much of a sleeper. I've always liked him, even when he was in Baltimore. I always felt like many do, that he was a product of a horrid quarterbacking system in Baltimore. Maybe he can be the next Brandon Stokley coming out of Baltimore into a more pass friendly system.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby chadschwarze2 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:15 pm

I do like our wide recievers this year. Burleson will do very good and our other WR will pick up the slack that moss left. Were gonna be fine without that jerk.
chadschwarze2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Minnesota Vikings