Fox Sports Fantasy Sucks.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fox Sports Fantasy Sucks....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fox Sports Fantasy Sucks....

Postby The Balanced Man » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:32 pm

Just tried to have a draft on Fox Sports. No one could sign in. The draft kept erroring. The site loaded slow. It was terrible and the draft couldn't even happen, because 6 people couldn't get in due to the errors.

If you are using them, I change fantasy providers.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:34 pm

yeah that really sucked!!! defintely stay away!!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:40 pm

Yeh, they have been having a ton of problems there this year - if ya look at their forum there's loads of complaints. Both my teams disappeared which seems to be a common problem but they say they will re-appear. They really don't seem to know what they are doing or how to fix it so it works.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:24 am

I have been having problems with people signing into Yahoo as well. It keeps rejecting their names saying they are already taken, and from the names I've seen there is just no way possible someone could be using them. Anyone else occurring any difficulties with this? Nearly every person that has signed up said it took them a minimum of an hour, some several hours before finding a name that it would accept.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Free league alternatives in 2005

Postby Confucian Scholars » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:41 pm

I was interested in FOX Sports free leagues, but am now waiting to see if they can solve all of the problems before Opening Day.

This season has seen a sudden resurgence in free leagues in addition to old reliable Yahoo. Even NFL.com has gone back to free leagues! I'm in a couple leagues there, but have yet to find the individual league message boards for the ones I'm in.

I don't understand ESPN's marketing of free fantasy football using stupid chicks on TV ads, but I went ahead and created an autopick league there anyway. (See Classifieds) I would have liked a live draft but it is necessary to have JAVA downloaded onto your computer.

The addition of free leagues on NFL.com and ESPN.com will probably kill off the smaller free sites like Sports Buff and others that can't compete with the big boys. It will be interesting to see how Yahoo, NFL, and ESPN compete in the future for the attention of free fantasy league cheapskates like me. Maybe one of them will cough up prizes for league champions, after all...you can never have too many T-shirts!
Confucian Scholars
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Free league alternatives in 2005

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:45 pm

Confucian Scholars wrote:The addition of free leagues on NFL.com and ESPN.com will probably kill off the smaller free sites like Sports Buff and others that can't compete with the big boys. It will be interesting to see how Yahoo, NFL, and ESPN compete in the future for the attention of free fantasy league cheapskates like me. Maybe one of them will cough up prizes for league champions, after all...you can never have too many T-shirts!

If everyone goes free, the market will be wide open and the little guys will most likely lose out unless they allow for free features like live scoring or customizable keeper/dynasty leagues. :,-(

And as far as prizes go...I'm quite proud of the letter Paul Tagliabue sent me for winning an NFL.com league 4 years ago! That's all I need! :-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Little Johnny » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:41 pm

Three letters are the problem at Fox Sports...

MSN!!!
Little Johnny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:50 pm

We were going to run one of our leagues off of there, and decided to try a "mock" run through things first to see how things worked. Well, 1 out of 3 times we were able to get it to work. It's rather disappointing because it showed a lot of promise.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:40 pm

I had a scheduled mock draft for tonight on FOX but the site has been down for days, so we switched to AOL and the site looks pretty nice.

BTW - I am still looking to fill a couple slots in a serious mock draft tonight at 8:30 CST. PM me if you are interested. ;-D
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JoeySeven » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:06 pm

I just did A draft in a 14 team league over on fox.
Only four people showed up for the live draft.
The only problem I had was my screen frooze once.
Just rebooted and didn't miss any of my picks.

One other person didn't have any problems either.
But the other two where going 'postal' big time. lol
Saying their screen wasn't updating fast enough,and they
were missing some of their picks.I didn't catch everything as the draft was moving fast because of all the no-shows after the auto-pick kicked in. :-t

If I hear of anyone not being able to get in the draft room,I'll
report back.
The only other problem I had,was not being able to use Fractional Points on points per Receptions.
JoeySeven
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk