Mercer Boy on RAW tomorrow night? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mercer Boy on RAW tomorrow night?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:49 pm

I used to have a 74 Nova. Man that was a sweet ride. Jet black..craloads of chrome..

alas...nothing like speeding and hitting a patch of black ice. :,-(

So what's the deal with this new WWE champion? He looks like he's got no marketability.

And the whole spinning wwe on the belt?

lol what the hell...
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A2theIzzo » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:59 pm

Man I didn't get to see any of your sign's, but i did keep seing this one sign say:

POPE

and it had an arrow pointing down.

f only that was MB :-/
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:39 pm

A2theIzzo wrote:Man I didn't get to see any of your sign's, but i did keep seing this one sign say:

POPE

and it had an arrow pointing down.

f only that was MB :-/

Yeah, that guy was sitting in the best signage area...right above the floor facing the camera. That's where I should have gotten tickets, but I didn't quite know where that was. Now I know, so next time I'll try to get seats there. ;-D

There were several, several good signs. Some of my favorites:

Bob Saget Is My Hero
Cena Warrior Princess
Kurt Angle Can Kiss My Black & Gold @$$
Where's My Goat? (I tried to tell him Big Show ate it. :-b)
Hassan = Ratings
E. Bain Loves Rearend

I wish I could remember them all...we didn't have a normal pen & paper to write them with. We'll see more when we watch the tape.

aww...wrestling isn't wrestling anymore. It's all about your mic skills. Cena, Bautista, JBL, etc. that are the current champions have no wrestling ability whatsoever. The point is they look good (McMahon looks for huge ripped guys almost exclusively nowadays), cut good promos, and they get the crowd excited. Wrestling is totally secondary to the entertainment. In the old days, you wanted to see the guys that could put on a good match. Bret Hart, Michaels, Undertaker...you won't see them ever again I'm afraid. Smaller built guys that have wrestling ability like Jericho, the Hardys, RVD, and the like have no chance at the belt these days. :-t
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:44 pm

I'll definitely have to check out RAW tonight. ;-D

Anyway, yeah - Vince doesn't really push the little guys (aside from Shawn Michaels). John Cena and Batista aren't good wrestlers... I'd even argue that Batista doesn't have much charisma (I 'spose it's hard to convey much emotion when the character is so laid back, though). I don't really mind, though.

Some of my favorite guys were never "great" wrestlers. As long as they entertained me, that's all I care about. Goldberg, DDP, Hulk Hogan, Scott Steiner, Booker T, Undertaker, Triple H, and The Rock aren't going to get confused with guys like Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, and Shelton Benjamin.

Even guys like Mick Foley, RVD, and the Hardy Boys were never great "wrestlers". They were exciting to watch, but because they did insane stuff.

Edited to Add: Just recently, Vince has banned the cruiserweights from using a few specific top-rope moves, limiting the high flyin' excitement even more that we all know and love.

If anyone wants to check out some cool high-flying moves, that TNA-wrestling has some cool stuff. I caught a couple shows back when it was on FOX-Sports, but now I think they show their stuff online now (they're moving to SpikeTV this fall, methinks).

The reason I think Jericho hasn't been able to get much of a push (aside from his Undisputed Champ. reign when Triple H was out) is because of "The Clique". The Clique is a group (consisting of Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Triple H, and X-Pac) of wrestlers that have a lot of power in booking decisions backstage. Back when Kevin Nash was booking WCW, there were rumors that him and Jericho weren't the best of buds... and when Jericho came into WWF, Nash's friendship with Trips could have held Jericho back.

...but that's just my stupid theory.

BTW, SPOILER ALERT! ...I'll type this very small, so if you're interested, copy and paste this next line into something else... or whatever. Involves Triple H and Ric Flair...

HHH and Flair are rumored to return on October 3rd, when RAW will move from SpikeTV to USA Network.

Hoo, how exciting!

Anyway, I'm done rambling.

BTW, did you Stacy Kiebler's phone number?

Another BTW, Bob Saget is awesome. Did anyone catch his cameo on Entourage a couple weeks ago? Ah, that was great.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:52 pm

Hey Cuna, can you elaborate on which top rope moves are banned, or is that all the info you have?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Canacuna » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:22 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Hey Cuna, can you elaborate on which top rope moves are banned, or is that all the info you have?

Basically anything considered "high risk". The 450-Splash and the Shooting Star Press were named specifically, though.

Here's what I read:

PWInsider wrote:Vince McMahon has sent word down through WWE that he wants cruiserweights to tone down several risky high flying moves, unofficially banning maneuvers such as the 450 splash and the shooting star press.

Those moves are really exciting to watch, but I 'spose I could understand the ban on 'em... they are pretty dangerous and the injury-risk is big.

If you do dig the high-flyin'/high-risk moves though, TNA-wrestling has 'em in bunches.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:26 pm

I did see a match not long ago with the landscapers and Juvi did the splash and landed on someone's head. I think it might have been Kidman, but I can't remember offhand. I knew he was hurt, so that could have been the final straw in this thing. Maybe if Vince would give these guys more matches, they would remember how to perform their stunts correctly and not injure people. I also saw someone post that HHH is being groomed to take over. What ever happened to Shane? I thought this was his gig when Vince finally took a backseat.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:35 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:I also saw someone post that HHH is being groomed to take over. What ever happened to Shane? I thought this was his gig when Vince finally took a backseat.

Shane went out of the picture when HHH started boinking Vince's dear daughter. :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:49 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:I also saw someone post that HHH is being groomed to take over. What ever happened to Shane? I thought this was his gig when Vince finally took a backseat.

Shane went out of the picture when HHH started boinking Vince's dear daughter. :-/

That's gotta make Shane-o-mac happy. LOL. :-)
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:17 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:

That's gotta make Shane-o-mac happy. LOL. :-)

Shane actually requested to have a lesser role in the business. He's focused on spending time with his wife and kid(s)... right now, he's in charge of media... or something.

As for Trips... well, I'm stupidly optimistic. When his time comes, I think he'll do alright.

And yeah - Juvi botched the 450-Splash pretty badly on Paul London a few weeks ago. Kidman botched the Shooting Star Press on Chavo Guerrero a while ago... there's probably been some more, but I don't really ever have a chance to watch SmackDown.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk