Bears v Dolphins commentary here - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Bears v Dolphins commentary here

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:03 am

Anyone know who that little guy named Russell was at RB for the Bears? He was like 5'5" or something!
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:13 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Anyone know who that little guy named Russell was at RB for the Bears? He was like 5'5" or something!

Fred Russell 5'7 192 lbs
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:59 am

I know he was only playing against backups, but for a team that so desperately needed a backup QB last year, Orton had to look like salvation. The difference between his passing and Hutchinson's seemed remarkable.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ygdrasil54 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:41 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:rex to muhsim already looks picture perfect...

I would hardly call that picture perfect. Grossman's throws were way off most of the night. Would've been a good throw had Mushin been looking over his other shoulder & was angling towards the marker. Only an exceptional adjustment by Muhammed made that a completion.

Hutch looked way better than Rex. Had his receivers not had so many drops, he'd have put up decent numbers.

Unless Feely is playing exceptional by the end of preseason Ferrotte will definately be Miami's starter this year.

I too liked the way Jones looked. Ricky did nothing to float my boat, but given he's got about 7 weeks to continue to get in shape, imho, he's pretty much a lock to win back the starting job from from Brown shortly after his suspension ends. (Unless of course Ronnie turns the league on its ear in the 1st four games.)
Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein. Joe Theisman

Besides pride, loyalty, discipline, heart, and mind, confidence is the key to all the locks. Joe Paterno
ygdrasil54 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VaderFin » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:46 am

Turnip wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Great to finally have football back. I'm going to give the Fins O Line another game or 2 before I judge it. The Bears were blitzing alot and you can tell the Fins didn't game plan for that.

Frerotte will be the starter come opening day.

Do you want him to be the starter? Without even knowing what the younger Feeley can offer? He wasn't going to succeed last year no matter how hard he tried, thanks to the O-line. The Dolphins are rebuilding, they need a young answer at QB. Feeley is at worst a longshot to be the answer. Frerotte is several years older than the answer. I know the line's going to be just as bad as it was last year, so Feeley won't look any better. But this is a team with very little realistic hope of making the playoffs this year. Instead of *maybe* making the current team a little better with a veteran backup QB, shouldn't they try to let Feeley grow? I'm curious as to how Dolphins fans think about this.

I just don't think Feeley can get it done long or short term. Gus isn't the long term option but he is the short term one until the team can draft a franchise QB or get one in FA.

I like Feeley, he is a gamer. But he just doesn't have "it". You can just see he has no feel in the pocket if there is a rush or if there is not one.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JoeyRoland » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:37 am

I have to say that Rex Grossman's deep attempts were great! Even if he overthrough, I like the idea of stretching the field vertically and getting Berrian involved and/or the RB underneath!

If only Berrian could catch.... :-?

As for A.J. Feely, when will the Dolphins give up on pride and realize that he was a mistake? He's an NFL backup - period. Hey, why not give up a 3rd for Chris Redman? :~( In my honest opinion, I could realistically see the 'Phins go at least .500 if only they had some kind of QB. To me, it seems like they think Feely is the next Delhomme.

Trade Ricky for a QB you say? ;-D
JoeyRoland
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:27 am

Did anyone see Urlacher take out Feeley? He looked like he wanted to kill the guy! I thought it was dangerously close to being a 15 yard penalty since he seemed to raise his forearm at the last second and get it real close to his head. Nice to see Brian shed the nice guy image and start ripping heads off! Mike Brown looks like a pro bowler already, and Orton looks ready to overtake Hutch for the # 2 spot.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Goatwhacker » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:32 am

maddog60 wrote:I know he was only playing against backups, but for a team that so desperately needed a backup QB last year, Orton had to look like salvation. The difference between his passing and Hutchinson's seemed remarkable.

Orton looked good but as you say it was against deep reserve players. I would love for him to turn out to be a reliable QB since the Bears didn't bother to sign a quality backup. I am not as enamored with Hutchinson as Lovie is, that's for sure.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:13 am

Goatwhacker wrote:Orton looked good but as you say it was against deep reserve players. I would love for him to turn out to be a reliable QB since the Bears didn't bother to sign a quality backup. I am not as enamored with Hutchinson as Lovie is, that's for sure.

I think he showed promise than Hutchinson as a backup. Chad didn't get intercepted, but he had a few passes that I was wondering what he was throwing to. Orton looked real sharp for a rookie, no completely botched passing attempts that I saw and even led a very nice 2-minute drill, just a lot of good mental things to see from a QB.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Turnip » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:51 pm

I'll agree that Orton looked much more promising than Hutchinson. I've never liked Hutchinson.

Sixxgunn wrote:Did anyone see Urlacher take out Feeley? He looked like he wanted to kill the guy! I thought it was dangerously close to being a 15 yard penalty since he seemed to raise his forearm at the last second and get it real close to his head. Nice to see Brian shed the nice guy image and start ripping heads off! Mike Brown looks like a pro bowler already, and Orton looks ready to overtake Hutch for the # 2 spot.

Urlacher totally forearmed Feeley from what I saw. I think he was a little to eager to hit, maybe he's still angry about being called the most overrated player. Look out QBs! Especially with Tommie Harris in front of him.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting