Good fantasy players on this roster - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars

Good fantasy players on this roster

Moderator: Football Moderators

Good fantasy players on this roster

Postby badger526 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:24 pm

I'll just have some fun and rate which players you might want to consider in your draft this fantasy football season.

1. Fred Taylor: According to reports, Taylor will be ready for the season opener and possibly a couple preseason games. The offensive line still needs work, but Mike Pearson LT is back this season and has impressed the coaches.

2. The Defense/special teams: For those of you that have leagues with defensive players, Mike Peterson LB will get the most tackles. Other players to consider should include Donovan Darius SS, Deon Grant FS, Reggie Hayward DE, Rashean Mathis CB (Who has been somewhat of a stud in practice), and Stroud/Henderson DTs.

The new kick/punt returner, Chad Owens WR, could run some back this year. The team scrimmage started off with him returning a kickoff for 40 yards.

Overall, team defense leagues should pick up the Jags in the Draft.

3. Jimmy Smith: Smith is still the most explosive receiver on the roster and will get the most receptions and yards. He's proven himself throughout camp that he can make plays consistently. Expect to see Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilford, and Matt Jones to get most of the red zone TDs.

4. Reggie Williams: This so called "bust" had a sub par rookie season, but he has really gotten everybody's attention this yaer in camp. He's been burning DBs and catching long balls and jump balls. Williams should get more TDs than Jimmy this year. This new offense likes to throw the ball down the field more.

Other players to consider picking up off waivers: Byron Leftwich and Matt Jones.

Leftwich could rack up some good stats, but it all depends on how this offense operates. If the offense stays true to camp, there's going to be alot of passing downfield.

Matt Jones will get the call in the red zone for jump balls. Expect to see him get some short yardage touchdowns.
The 2004-2005 Shook-up Can of Fury
QB Marc Bulger, Kurt Warner
RB Deuce, Rudi, Michael Pittman
WR Jimmy Smith, Randy Moss, David Terrel
TE LJ Smith
K John Hall
D Seahawks
badger526
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Jacksonville fan? Me too!

Postby Confucian Scholars » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:16 am

Have you heard about the Lex & Terry fantasy league at NFL.com? I just found out about it last night. I wonder how many morning radio listeners are also fantasy footballers?

I agree with you regarding Reggie Williams. I think he will have the so-called "monster" year that fantasy managers dream of. He was so dominant in college at University of Washington, before that other Williams came along and stole the hype down at USC.

Of course now that are two Jaguars fans touting his fantasy value he'll probably get jinxed and drop his first TD pass. I'm still taking Reggie in the later rounds, but not in Florida or Seattle based leagues.
Confucian Scholars
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars