***Post, Search, And Recruit Fantasy Managers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

***Post, Search, And Recruit Fantasy Managers

Moderator: Football Moderators

***Post, Search, And Recruit Fantasy Managers

Postby black_fire » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:00 am

http://slingshot.to/ofs_forum

A Fantasy Football Forum Ment for those who are searching for leagues and members. Other Features coming soon.

The OFS forum keeps the football talk away from the Fantasy League Recruiters
It makes it easy to find the kind of leagues you want
It will increase the number of active members in your league
It makes recruiting easier (less repeat posting required)

How is this done?
Not only do we keep the football talk seperate from the Fantasy Recruiting but we have a more detailed organized system that will bring the members to your league for you.

WARNING: This Forum was opened at 12:01 am August 9th CDT.
So don't expect a lot of posts...right now...by the end of the next couple of days I expect it to be pretty busy once the hundred something ACTIVE OFS members find out about it.

I expect it to be running at 100% by the end of the week.

My Email:nascar_leader_black_fire@yahoo.com

http://slingshot.to/ofs_forum
black_fire
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Interesting concept; good luck with your forum!

Postby Confucian Scholars » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:28 am

The problem of filling leagues has been mentioned already in this forum. Both Yahoo and ESPN have real time fantasy football message boards for league managers to post messages on.

This often involves a lot of recruiting activity, but over the years I've noticed that most of the people who frequent these forums are draft junkies that aren't serious about every league they register for. Therefore I don't believe Yahoo and ESPN message boards are a good place to recruit active players.

We all want active members in our leagues, but it is so difficult to identify who will play all season long and who disappears after the draft when recruiting strangers on Internet forums. That is one reason I like this site so much (Fantasy Football Cafe) because you can kind of tell whether a person is legit or not by their previous posts in the forums.

If you look at the current high number of free leagues with only 2-3 people signed up, it's obvious that there is also a huge surplus of individuals out there who want to be commissioner but don't have enough friends that are serious fantasy football fanatics; the type of league members we all wish to have.

Sometimes I will join a league with 2 or 3 people in it (if it has good settings) and then post a message in their league forum suggesting they join another league that is nearing capacity. Yet I like to see first if they are even active in their own league forum. If the league forum is empty then I may delete myself and try elsewhere.

This makes good sense because if your public league draft is in September and you still have vacancies a day or two before the draft, the likelihood of draft junkies signing up at the last minute increases dramatically. Therefore it is a good idea to recruit now and begin with people who have signed up already and demonstrated some kind of serious interest.

I wish you good luck with your efforts to create a place where fantasy NFL commissioners can successfully recruit active players.

Best wishes,
Confucius
Confucian Scholars
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds