Anyone catch the HOF game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Anyone catch the HOF game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone catch the HOF game

Postby Bruschi » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:08 am

I just got to look at the stats. Missed the game. From what I can pull from stats -

Looks like Gus Frerotte had a good game, getting subbed in the 2nd qtr after Feely got hurt.

Thomas Jones racked up a lot of yards and a score just in the 1st qtr against Miami's 1st string D

CHI rookie Mark Bradley, playing later but with a sore foot ate up the Fins with 131 yds including a 45yd catch. He may be a nice #2 with Mushy. He'll be battling with Justin Gage for that position. Bernard Berrian also had 3 20+yd catches in the 2nd qtr.

The fin's O-line (though playing against a stout CHI D) looks pathetic. Miami rushing averages were horrible.

The CHI D as a whole looked very solid as usual with both Urlacher and Ogunleye getting sacks.

Anyone who actually watched the game have anything else to add?
"I didn't do it" - OJ on the stand, October 1994
Bruschi
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:52 am

I watched the 1st qtr.

CHI looked mean. This is a very very physical team. TJones is going to get lots of work on this team, and those expecting Benson to come in and take over really need to reconsider the situation.

MIA didnt look that bad at all for a team trying to find its identity though. The MIA D seems to be pretty fast and they swarm well. Obviously the OLine had issues. Frerotte continued to look better than Feeley.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:03 am

The Bears blitzed alot with their first team D....alot. Since the Fins did zero game planning they weren't expecting this or how to deal with it. The O Line isn't going to be great but it will definitely be better then it looked last night.

Chambers had 1 catch for 44 yards that was an acrobatic catch and he was passed interfered on the play. Alot of deep plays are going his way this year.

David Boston looked pretty good and Saban had good things to say about him.

The running games was.....bad.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:17 am

Ricky flat out looked awful out there, worse than I would have imagined. This gives Brown some leverage in negotiation but he needs to get into camp. The job is his when he gets there.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:22 am

Concerning game commentary, you should check the game commentary forum before posting here. That way we don't have people posting the same thing at two different forums..

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=141577

Lots of good feedback here already started.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby The Lung » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:16 am

Right on, Warpigs; actually, this might be a good thing to post under the new Cafe FAQ forum. To all the new member out there: for game commentary, please use the Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting forum.

I will comment that I try not to take away too much out of preseason games. Last year Denver WR Darius Watts looked like solid gold in the preseason but was a huge bust during the regular season.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:37 am

The Lung wrote:Right on, Warpigs; actually, this might be a good thing to post under the new Cafe FAQ forum. To all the new member out there: for game commentary, please use the Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting forum.

I will comment that I try not to take away too much out of preseason games. Last year Denver WR Darius Watts looked like solid gold in the preseason but was a huge bust during the regular season.

keary colbert also led the league in preseason receiving yards and turned out pretty good last year
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:41 am

Vick 4 Mayor wrote:
The Lung wrote:Right on, Warpigs; actually, this might be a good thing to post under the new Cafe FAQ forum. To all the new member out there: for game commentary, please use the Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting forum.

keary colbert also led the league in preseason receiving yards and turned out pretty good last year

Only because Steve Smith died...

Even with Smith out, he wasn't amazing.

Chris Brown had a great preseason...did really well except for those nagging injuries that kept him out all the time.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Anyone catch the HOF game

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:29 am

Bruschi wrote:I just got to look at the stats. Missed the game. From what I can pull from stats -

Looks like Gus Frerotte had a good game, getting subbed in the 2nd qtr after Feely got hurt.

I liked his ability to put the ball where his WR can get it. The 30+ yard route to Chambers that Frerotte tossed up into double coverage (CHambers caught it and got the PI) looks promising for Chambers. I'm warming up to Chambers in the 6th round.

Thomas Jones racked up a lot of yards and a score just in the 1st qtr against Miami's 1st string D

Looked similar to last year, I have trouble seeing Benson becoming featured until T.Jones gets an injury. Thomas Jones will inevitably fail of course, because he is a turd, but Benson is too far behind right now to be an instant starter like Cadillac.

CHI rookie Mark Bradley, playing later but with a sore foot ate up the Fins with 131 yds including a 45yd catch. He may be a nice #2 with Mushy. He'll be battling with Justin Gage for that position. Bernard Berrian also had 3 20+yd catches in the 2nd qtr.

Berrian looked like the guy to target if you want the Bear's #2. Bradley got most of his work on the 2nd team, while Berrian was putting up his big plays on the 1st team. On a sidenote, Kyle Orton looked very good in his limited PT, probably rubbed off on Bradley.

The fin's O-line (though playing against a stout CHI D) looks pathetic. Miami rushing averages were horrible.

Agreed, Hudson isn't a miracle worker. Vernon Carey looked horrible. Play your situational fantasy D against Miami again in '05.

The CHI D as a whole looked very solid as usual with both Urlacher and Ogunleye getting sacks.

Agreed, they should easily be a top10 fantasy D in systems based on sacks and turnovers.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:51 am

Didn't watch the game, but I hear that Ricky only got like 8 yards on 6 carries or something crazy like that. I realize it was against the Bears stout run defence and all, and that he has three weeks to continue to get back into shape, but c'mon. That's something I'd expect out of Leonard Henry, not Ricky Williams. It drops him a spot or two in my rankings :-t
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting