Anyone catch the HOF game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Anyone catch the HOF game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:58 am

VaderFin wrote:It's common knowledge that teams don't game plan for the first couple preseason games and that they are "going to run what they are going to run" just to see how things go. Especially the first game. And yes you are right, they were not prepared for handling the multi look blitzes that Chicago threw at them...it was the HOF game and there are 4 new lineman on the starting line. 4 new lineman who need time to adjust...if the line looks the same come the 4th game THEN I will be worried.

When your best bet for a franchise QB is getting knocked around like a ragdoll, you, kinda have the responsibility as a coach to get him some protection through adjustments, or get him out of there. AJ Feeley came out at least one play too late.

Also, this is Miami. No real QB threats, so why weren't they at least prepared for 8 in the box. Any common sense would dictate that until a Miami QB proves dangerous, every NFL team will stack against the run.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:08 pm

maddog60 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:It's common knowledge that teams don't game plan for the first couple preseason games and that they are "going to run what they are going to run" just to see how things go. Especially the first game. And yes you are right, they were not prepared for handling the multi look blitzes that Chicago threw at them...it was the HOF game and there are 4 new lineman on the starting line. 4 new lineman who need time to adjust...if the line looks the same come the 4th game THEN I will be worried.

When your best bet for a franchise QB is getting knocked around like a ragdoll, you, kinda have the responsibility as a coach to get him some protection through adjustments, or get him out of there. AJ Feeley came out at least one play too late.

Also, this is Miami. No real QB threats, so why weren't they at least prepared for 8 in the box. Any common sense would dictate that until a Miami QB proves dangerous, every NFL team will stack against the run.

Ask Saban. Maybe they wanna prepare for different things. Plus, it's kinda an unwritten rule that you don't blitz that much in the first preseason game. Feeley came out because of his shoe...if it was a real game he would have kept playing.

Plus, I think alot of the problem is FEELEY and not the line. Oh don't get me wrong...the line wasn't good. But, as soon as Frerotte came in you didn't see him getting knocked around like a rag doll.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:09 pm

One more thing...Feeley will NEVER be a franchise QB. Just not gonna happen.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:50 pm

VaderFin wrote:Feeley came out because of his shoe...if it was a real game he would have kept playing.

After a very slow start, the Dolphins put together a couple of scoring drives in the second quarter. Gus Frerotte, who replaced A.J. Feeley late in the opening period when Feeley sustained a contusion of the buttocks, threw to Bryan Gilmore at the goal line. Gilmore had to turn almost completely around to snag the pass, falling into the end zone for a 2-yard touchdown.

We must have watched a different HOF game. NFL.com must have watched a different game as well. Feeley was injured, not because of a shoe. Yes, it was a pansy injury (just a nice way of saying he got it stuck up his a**).... and he probably would have played if he was needed, but state facts, not what you want to see.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL ... 08_CHI@MIA
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:03 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Gus Frerotte, who replaced A.J. Feeley late in the opening period when Feeley sustained a contusion of the buttocks

Contusion of the buttocks? Sounds like Forrest Gump.

The least the Dolphins could have done was say he had a hip pointer or something.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:13 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Feeley came out because of his shoe...if it was a real game he would have kept playing.

After a very slow start, the Dolphins put together a couple of scoring drives in the second quarter. Gus Frerotte, who replaced A.J. Feeley late in the opening period when Feeley sustained a contusion of the buttocks, threw to Bryan Gilmore at the goal line. Gilmore had to turn almost completely around to snag the pass, falling into the end zone for a 2-yard touchdown.

We must have watched a different HOF game. NFL.com must have watched a different game as well. Feeley was injured, not because of a shoe. Yes, it was a pansy injury (just a nice way of saying he got it stuck up his a**).... and he probably would have played if he was needed, but state facts, not what you want to see.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL ... 08_CHI@MIA

Were you watching the same game or just too busy being giddy over Urlacher crushing Feeley? Right before going to commercial Feeley stood up and had his shoe off, he tried to put it back on but couldn't because of the tape he had on his ankles. If the shoe hadn't come off he never would have left the game at that point.

I may not like Feeley as my starting QB but he is pretty tough and played through several injuries last year including a bruis to his other hiney cheek. :-b

Now you are going to make me go find a link that talks about his shoe being off......
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:17 pm

I don't make stuff up.

I feel fine," said Feeley, who completed 4 of 7 passes for 35 yards. "I probably would have stayed in the game, but I couldn't get my shoe back on. I got hit pretty hard and I didn't want to come out."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/foot ... hins-front
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:27 pm

VaderFin wrote:
I may not like Feeley as my starting QB but he is pretty tough and played through several injuries last year including a bruis to his other hiney cheek. :-b

Damn, he's had bilateral butt injuries? Must be his achilles heel, now everyone will be aiming for his butt. Maybe he should stuff some padding down the back of his pants or something.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:30 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

Damn, he's had bilateral butt injuries? Must be his achilles heel, now everyone will be aiming for his butt. Maybe he should stuff some padding down the back of his pants or something.

LOL Yep! ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:31 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

Not something I want to be coached if I'm a player. Hey Ray-Ray! Go get Feeley in the buns! %-6
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting