Dr. Duran Duran's Top 40 RB's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dr. Duran Duran's Top 40 RB's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby agchris02 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:24 pm

just curious as to why you had a completely differant thread, as to my criticism of yours, very similar to his:

mcGahee is too low

C Benson isnt even signed, much less playing, Id draft T Jones before him, as well as 25 or so other RB's

R Brown isnt signed and plays in miami, he needs to be lower

Dunn isnt worth that as long as TJ is in town too

Bennett and Foster are both too low, both are risks, but either could end up being a top 10 back and should be in the top 20

Bettis should be bumped up slightly with being the man for 4 weeks, maybe more

Taylor is WAY to low with the camp he is having, why in the world would you draft a backup like M Pittman, or a RBBC like Brown, before a known starter and potential stud in Taylor, particularly when you can handcuff him with toefield in the 12th round?
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:35 pm

i believe that Tiki Barber is too high and Dom Davis is too low. Brandon Jacobs has been having a great camp and it sounds as though he will be taking signifcant carries away from Barber, especially goaline carries. I like dom this year because the texans finally seem to have confidence in him. Before it seemed like they were always trying to replace him. now they got him a new deal and seem to be happy with him. The only concern that ppl have is injuries. He is a TD monster when healthy. I really dont think you can ignore that even though he is a slight risk.

I like Rudi this year as well. Some ppl dont believe in him but i like where you put him. maybe a tad high but nothing outrageous. I dont see how he cant have a big year.

I have Duece McAllister rated at 4. The saints have become more dedicated to the run and Duece is a stud rb when they give him carries. He also is a good wr out of the backfield, something that Lewis is not. Edge does not have enough oppurtunites to score imo to be considered a top 4 back. I have him right in front of jamal.

probably will think of a few things later but thats it for now. overall it looks like a real good list.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:40 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i believe that Tiki Barber is too high and Dom Davis is too low. Brandon Jacobs has been having a great camp and it sounds as though he will be taking signifcant carries away from Barber, especially goaline carries.

I doubt that's gonna happen... same thing that they said with Dayne last year and Coughlin, from interviews on WFAN and elsewhere, definitely seems to have more faith in Tiki after a record-setting year from him with minimal errors.

On a seperate case, I like the spot you put Lewis in. I'm not even gonna start to argue against people that would rank him like 8 spots lower than that, I think they may have had a coma through his 2,000 yard season or something.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby gold_steel » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:40 pm

I personally think Deuce is a little too high, My top 10 would be:

1. LT
2. Alexander
3. Holmes
4. Edge
5. McGahee
6. Jamal Lewis
7. Deuce
8. Kevin Jones
9. Portis
10. Johnson
gold_steel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:42 pm

gold_steel wrote:I personally think Deuce is a little too high, My top 10 would be:

1. LT
2. Alexander
3. Holmes
4. Edge
5. McGahee
6. Jamal Lewis
7. Deuce
8. Kevin Jones
9. Portis
10. Johnson

That's very close to what mine would be if I had to rank right now.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:48 pm

agchris02 wrote:just curious as to why you had a completely differant thread, as to my criticism of yours, very similar to his:

C Benson isnt even signed, much less playing, Id draft T Jones before him, as well as 25 or so other RB's

R Brown isnt signed and plays in miami, he needs to be lower

I'm basing this on the hopes that they will indeed sign and get the playing time a top 5 pick will likely see.

agchris02 wrote:Dunn isnt worth that as long as TJ is in town too

Dunn still put up 1,100 rushing yards and 9 touchdowns with Duckett there, so I have to respect him.

agchris02 wrote:Bennett and Foster are both too low, both are risks, but either could end up being a top 10 back and should be in the top 20

Injury risks and RBBC in both camps say that they don't deserve top 20 rank.

agchris02 wrote:Bettis should be bumped up slightly with being the man for 4 weeks, maybe more

I won't deny that. Bettis may very well be worth more than his current ranking.

agchris02 wrote:Taylor is WAY to low with the camp he is having, why in the world would you draft a backup like M Pittman, or a RBBC like Brown, before a known starter and potential stud in Taylor, particularly when you can handcuff him with toefield in the 12th round?

Again, a nice observation. I'll likely bump him up several spots.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby agchris02 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:55 pm

Neither bennet or foster is an a RBBC -- both have the starting job, though both are injury risks, though i think bennett is more of one- -- some of fosters injuries have been mildly freakish, I still have him in my top 20
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:06 pm

agchris02 wrote:Neither bennet or foster is an a RBBC -- both have the starting job, though both are injury risks, though i think bennett is more of one- -- some of fosters injuries have been mildly freakish, I still have him in my top 20

You honestly believe Mike Tice will, for the first time in his life, stick with one back? That would really be amazing. Bennett may be the "starter", but I guarantee you Moore, Moe and Fason will get carries. Bennett is too brittle to get the bulk of the carries, that much is proven. As for Foster, word is Shelton is going to get carries and who better to be a goalline back than Shelton? He was a goalline beast at Louisville.

Before I end this post, please don't take any offense to this, I'm just making a rebuttal. Your kind of criticism is exactly what I like to hear. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gold_steel » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:25 pm

agchris02 wrote:Neither bennet or foster is an a RBBC -- both have the starting job, though both are injury risks, though i think bennett is more of one- -- some of fosters injuries have been mildly freakish, I still have him in my top 20

Duran Duran is right, Bennet = no 3rd down carries and goal line chances taken away. Its been like this for a long time, now with Moore and Fason their running game is even stronger and more open to an RBBC.
gold_steel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby agchris02 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:05 am

Oh, rarely do i try to offend someone or take offesne -- and im VERY obvious when i do, so no worries, as to the M Bennet situation:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5542278.html

(as to his motivation and current health)

http://news.footballguys.com/new/pp_blo ... d=BennMi00

(great site in general, has quotes from tice on it)

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5547200.html
(seems to say its bennetts job with moe williams occasionally spelling him)

right now moore is 3rd on the chart -- right now Im figuring bennett will get 22-28 carries a game,minimum, which should put him in the top 20

If he can stay healthy he's one of the fastest people in the world (seriously, look at his 100m times). Im not that worried with himm for a RBBC, just injury -- thats my impression though, ive been digging and cant find a quote for sure, we'll see as the preseason games pan out.
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk