TO Trade Rumors... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TO Trade Rumors...

Moderator: Football Moderators

TO Trade Rumors...

Postby Warpigs » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:05 pm

I've heard a couple from some inside sources. First, I have a friend who lives in Philly and he has some connections overall with the team. He admits that the Oakland trade that would target Jerry Porter is still a possibility. Other strong rumors that he's heard includes a deal with Atlanta for Peerless Price and the more surprising one is possibly with Tampa Bay for Joe Jurevicius.

A friend I have out in Packer-land relayed a deal he heard about tonight that would net either Donald Driver or Robert Ferguson for TO. However, I find this possibility the least likely considering that the Packers have enough other major holes to fill and I doubt they want TO's problems on top of Javon Walker's situation.

No matter what, I fully expect TO to be dealt by the start of the season. Not only is Andy Reid and Philly in general tired of the antics -- but it also would clear a LOT of cap room. I just feel it makes too much business sense overall.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:09 pm

Joe Jurevicious plays for the Seahawks dude... I think your friend is yanking your chain.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby agchris02 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:26 pm

He is yanking your chain, and it sounds like he took something from an espn article on potential trading partners (mr clayton wrote it)

the ideal partners for trading TO would be atlanta or green bay, oakland is highly unlikely

but any trade rumor Ive heard, from any source, is always after this season, not now, the eagles will probably tell TO theyll trade him after this season, they need him too much right now, personally i cant stand him, but he needs to be in philly this yr, no way management is going to capitulate to someone like this now
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:32 pm

The longer his problems go in Philly, the more I eat this whole situation up. :-D
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby soylent green » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:43 pm

I do not rember who I am paraphrasing here so I will just say it was someguy on the nfl network. He was pointing out that if Owens is off the roster by the tue before the season starts then his contract for this season does not have to be paid by the Eagles. He also pointed out that eagles managment Has always been cold hearted in never putting players above the team and the eagles system. Keeping these things in mind I do not consider it crazy that Owens may be out of Philly before the season starts. I have no Idea where Owens would go. ( I would love to see him swaped for H. Ward), My ? is who would step up if owens was out.
soylent green
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:12 pm

soylent green wrote:I would love to see him swaped for H. Ward

The Steelers aren't even paying up to Hines so I doubt they want to spend big $ on TO who is a huge pain in the ass, besides they just got rid of lockerroom cancer Plaxico.

As with most preseason rumors, I'll believe it when I see it.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:41 pm

Is a trade to the Falcons feasible? I don't pretend to know about Atlanta's cap space or what they would be willing to trade for TO. I could see the Iggles wanting Duckett and a #1 or 2 for Owens. I know the quick response is who whould want to take on the headache of TO, but realize that most head coaches have huge egos and fall for the smooth talking that traveling malcontents spew out. Hell, Owens got Reid to sign off on him, right?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Tiki » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:44 pm

If he gets traded TO owners will be dancing in the streets! :-b
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GMoney » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:52 pm

well im positive a trade to atlanta would shurly involve Peerless since Atlanta wants to move him anyways and philli cant really expect to go into a season with Greg Lewis and Reggie Brown as their #1 and #2 wideouts and no #3 to speak of whatsoever.

peerless has a 6 year 36 million dollar deal i do beleive.

TO is currenly on like 7 million per year? i cant remember but its not significantly more than peerless at the moment i think.

Therefore Atl could probably swing this deal with a promise to rework TOs deal next year and not suffer significant cap problems this year.

Not sure how GB would ever manage this trade especially considering they had to let the 2 pro-bowl guards, and defensive captain go due to cash problems, added to the fact they refuse to pay Javon OR bubba.... no way they pay TO.

Cheifs always manage to find cash when they want to and are starting to get a bit desperate to win.... it wouldnt surprise me to see them do something involving Kennison or Patten. but thats just pure conjexture....
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby cooleyhigh » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:59 pm

moochman wrote:Is a trade to the Falcons feasible? I don't pretend to know about Atlanta's cap space or what they would be willing to trade for TO.

Pretty sure after TO's interview where he publicly stated he would like to join the Falcons the team responded they would not be interested if Philly was giving him away for free 8-o
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk