What was so great about that catch? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What was so great about that catch?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:16 pm

This thread is in dire need of Kash's Link Shortnening Service. :-b

Anyways thats a very nice catch. ;-D
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:26 pm

Use your glove, showoff ;-)
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:35 pm

portisfan24 wrote:This thread is in dire need of Kash's Link Shortnening Service. :-b

So true...I got it for you. ;-D

Seriously...if the link is longer than about 100 characters, shorten her up! :-)

I went ahead and put a "tutorial" on the Cafe FAQ for you guys:

Creating Shorter Web Links
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:38 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:This thread is in dire need of Kash's Link Shortnening Service. :-b

So true...I got it for you. ;-D

Seriously...if the link is longer than about 100 characters, shorten her up! :-)

I went ahead and put a "tutorial" on the Cafe FAQ for you guys:

Creating Shorter Web Links

I know how to shorten em, but its a pain in the butt. Much easier for the viewer to click the link, that doesnt change no matter how short it is :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:40 pm

I actually like it when they flash the leather more, did anyone see the jose castillo-jack wilson hook-up awhile ago? it was amazing
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:27 pm

I've seen a little bit of cricket, and it looks somewhat similar to baseball. I think it'd actually be pretty fun if I knew how to play.

But, can't a single cricket game take 10+ hours? Perhaps that's why it doesn't get much publicity. Or maybe the fact it's a bunch of British guys running around in white sweaters. :-b
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:49 pm

NittanyLions wrote:I actually like it when they flash the leather more, did anyone see the jose castillo-jack wilson hook-up awhile ago? it was amazing

Um...

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... 087#938480

:-? :-D

And yeah MeShawn, "innings" can take days to complete. I think they either have to break 9 of those wicket things or catch the ball 3 times. It's something like that...I'm sure I'm wrong. :-S
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:31 pm

To catch a high pop with bare hands while facing it and standing under it is one thing...but this catch was amazing...if only David Wright could translate making great plays like this into consistently making average plays.
:*)
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:23 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
NittanyLions wrote:I actually like it when they flash the leather more, did anyone see the jose castillo-jack wilson hook-up awhile ago? it was amazing

Um...

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... 087#938480

:-? :-D

And yeah MeShawn, "innings" can take days to complete. I think they either have to break 9 of those wicket things or catch the ball 3 times. It's something like that...I'm sure I'm wrong. :-S

blah gimme a break its my first day back B-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aussieboy » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:57 am

MeShawn wrote:I've seen a little bit of cricket, and it looks somewhat similar to baseball. I think it'd actually be pretty fun if I knew how to play.

But, can't a single cricket game take 10+ hours? Perhaps that's why it doesn't get much publicity. Or maybe the fact it's a bunch of British guys running around in white sweaters. :-b

Yeh, I cant see Cricket taking off in the States.

There are two forms of the game, the one day version which can take about 10hrs, or the five day version, which is played 11am-5pm for five days. Its a very tactical sport. Its a sport that very few pick up late, you either grew up with the sport and love it or absolutely hate it.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to General Talk