Who will back up Priest??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will back up Priest???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who will back up Priest???

Postby T-DIDDY » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:33 am

I just got Priest as my 8th pick in my draft. I was very happy that he fell to me at that position. Some S.O.B. took Larry Johnson way too early and didn't give me a chance to aquire my top RB's backup. My question is: Is LJ the definite backup? I haven't read anything declared him the official backup. Anyone know for sure???
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:16 am

Right now he's battling with Jarmar Julien and Derrick Blaylock for the gig. LJ made a strong case to be the main backup against Seattle over the weekend, and I think he's most likely the man.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:08 am

Tony Richardson will see the majority of carries if Holmes goes down.

Larry Johnson is incredibly overhyped. Vermeil has not been impressed with him this preseason. Looks like all those people who noticed his college numbers were inflated by an easy schedule were right. He is not the dominate RB most people who draft him belive him to be. As of right now, he isnt worth a fantasy spot on anything less than a 14 team league. So far, Jarmar Julien and Derrick Blaylock have been the backups with Larry Johnson getting few carries (and a couple of fumbles) against second and third stringers.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ondeckb » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:08 am

Johnson sure was dominant this weekend against Seattle.......he'll be the backup to Holmes. While he didn't show much earlier in the preseason, he's emerged as the clear #2 now.
ondeckb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Enoch » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:33 pm

ondeckb wrote:Johnson sure was dominant this weekend against Seattle.......he'll be the backup to Holmes. While he didn't show much earlier in the preseason, he's emerged as the clear #2 now.

I also feel that Johnson is now the #2. If Johnson can't get the job done then Blaylock would be the man. Tony Richardson has too much value as FB they play so much better with him in at FB, he could/would get some short goal line runs if Holmes is out
Enoch
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LeftyQB » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:44 pm

Right now both Johnson and Blaylock are listed on the depth chart as the back up's to Holmes.
LeftyQB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby drunkenmonkey » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:48 pm

Have to agree with Cornbread. I've been reading too many negative things about Johnson. The Chiefs aren't enamored with him right now, and I've heard that he will start the season as the number three back on the depth chart.
It's time to roll the dice!
drunkenmonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Guru » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:26 am

It is true, the cheifs and Vermeil have not been happy with their #1 pick during training camp and thoughout the preseason. However, against Seattle LJ looked very good and put up good #'s.

It's still a battle for the #2 RB spot in Kansas City. Between LJ, Blaylock, and Julien a little behind the first two guys.

I don't think it is set yet, but you gotta figure sometime during the season LJ will earn that spot. I say don't really worry about it to much about not having him on your team. If it looks like he has solidfied that #2 RB some time during the season, try to work a trade to get him.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:37 am

Well watching the Seattle / KC game about 5 times I can tell you the Run Def for Seattle was absolutely ATROCIOUS. Just as all the RBs of last year...they looked like fantasy gods againts us.

Johnson was no exception last weekend. He did his job and took advantage of our porous run D. Give him credit or blame it on Seattle..it's yours to decide.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby T-DIDDY » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:08 am

Thanks for the info...
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk