Chargers vs. Pack - aka "Fumblar Returns" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Chargers vs. Pack - aka "Fumblar Returns"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:12 pm

maddog60 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Man, Brett Favre looks OLD!

Yeah he does. I hope he at least goes out with a bang this year, but man did age finally seem to catch up with him.

You guys can't be talking about his play right? Looked like the same old Brett to me.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:21 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

Yeah he does. I hope he at least goes out with a bang this year, but man did age finally seem to catch up with him.

You guys can't be talking about his play right? Looked like the same old Brett to me.

No, not his play....just the way he looks physically, mainly in his face. I'm 2 years older then the guy and I don't have the grey hair or the old look he has. He still has the gun though!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:39 pm

There's been a lot of threads on the Cafe recently about the projections of a weak Packers offensive line, and I've seen some poor run blocking so far to back that up. Green and Davenport haven't found a shred of daylight, and as previously discussed, the former has already fumbled.

The pass protection has been outstanding, however. Favre went 9/10 and he, Walker, and Driver looked great.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby maddog60 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:42 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

No, I'm talking about how he looks. He really looks old now. His play is still what I've come to expect from one of the greatest, but his hair might just look this way because its short, but it looks grayed, and his face more weathered. He just plain looks like an old QB, whereas up until this year, Favre always looked quite young for such a veteran QB.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:08 pm

The Lung wrote:There's been a lot of threads on the Cafe recently about the projections of a weak Packers offensive line, and I've seen some poor run blocking so far to back that up. Green and Davenport haven't found a shred of daylight, and as previously discussed, the former has already fumbled.

The pass protection has been outstanding, however. Favre went 9/10 and he, Walker, and Driver looked great.

Don't forget that the Charger's were one of the top run Ds last year and that they are returning all of last years players in addition to adding 2 new defensive players.

Chargers defense = sleeper?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:19 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
The Lung wrote:There's been a lot of threads on the Cafe recently about the projections of a weak Packers offensive line, and I've seen some poor run blocking so far to back that up. Green and Davenport haven't found a shred of daylight, and as previously discussed, the former has already fumbled.

Don't forget that the Charger's were one of the top run Ds last year and that they are returning all of last years players in addition to adding 2 new defensive players.

Chargers defense = sleeper?

Not unless they can get better at stopping the pass...They were near the bottom of the league there. That division should have some pretty good passing offenses this year. :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:49 pm

This game is doing nothing for Kaedings confidence. Marty isnt too happy with him.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:54 pm

mutantseabass wrote:This game is doing nothing for Kaedings confidence. Marty isnt too happy with him.

Yeah, Kaeding is sucking big time. He choked in the playoffs last year to end their season, and in less than two minutes, missed a 45-yarder wide left and a 44-yarder wide right!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:01 pm

is he gonna make it?

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:02 pm

Wow, missed again

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting