Chargers vs. Pack - aka "Fumblar Returns" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Chargers vs. Pack - aka "Fumblar Returns"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:18 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Ironhorse75 wrote:What!?! SHOW the guy getting drilled!

No kidding ...Favres expression was great

Yeah that was awesome. :-)
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HomeyJJ » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:18 pm

I have said all along the Kaeding sucks the big one.

When your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing." - Bo Schembechler
--HERE WE GO LIONS, HERE WE GO!
HomeyJJ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:22 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
The Lung wrote:There's been a lot of threads on the Cafe recently about the projections of a weak Packers offensive line, and I've seen some poor run blocking so far to back that up. Green and Davenport haven't found a shred of daylight, and as previously discussed, the former has already fumbled.

The pass protection has been outstanding, however. Favre went 9/10 and he, Walker, and Driver looked great.

Don't forget that the Charger's were one of the top run Ds last year and that they are returning all of last years players in addition to adding 2 new defensive players.

Chargers defense = sleeper?

Not unless they can get better at stopping the pass...They were near the bottom of the league there. That division should have some pretty good passing offenses this year. :-o

Yeah and I can't see how that's going to happen if they don't upgrade their secondary. Bad players don't get better; ask the Chiefs. They thought they could fix their defense with a new DC last year but that didn't work. Need the players and the Chargers still have the same 11 guys.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:26 pm

Well hers some thoughts on my team

Kaeding, obviously dirty, but im not worried hes young and hes gonna do fine.

Some key guys not playing in the O, but they looked real good out there (despite scoring only 7) and im happy with the way they played today

The D was pretty much the same, reeally strong against the run, weak against the pass, but with a couple pass starters missing. I wouldnt pick them up in a fantasy league just yet tho :-/

I know we lost, but i gotta say i was really happy with most of the game, and if i was a packers fan i wouldnt be too pleased. There are a couple key components they no longer have (run blocking?) (run D?) and like.. wow.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby patrickbateman » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:40 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:Well hers some thoughts on my team

Kaeding, obviously dirty, but im not worried hes young and hes gonna do fine.

Some key guys not playing in the O, but they looked real good out there (despite scoring only 7) and im happy with the way they played today

The D was pretty much the same, reeally strong against the run, weak against the pass, but with a couple pass starters missing. I wouldnt pick them up in a fantasy league just yet tho :-/

I know we lost, but i gotta say i was really happy with most of the game, and if i was a packers fan i wouldnt be too pleased. There are a couple key components they no longer have (run blocking?) (run D?) and like.. wow.

What about Lemon? That kid was pretty impressive and looked really poised with the football in his hands.

Surprised Rogers didn't get more snaps, or maybe I was just hoping to see a little bit more of him.
patrickbateman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:56 am

Driver was the 2nd most targeted reciever in the NFL last year behind Issac Bruce. He's going fairly low in most leagues thus far for a guy who gets that many looks.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby monkey69 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:41 am

Yeah - the Pack is going to have trouble runnning the ball.
I am not sure how their pass protection is yet as the Chargers have had problems pressuring the QB - no proven pass-rush.

As for Donald Driver - he was the #12 most targeted receiver last year. For a #2 Wr however, he was the 2nd most targeted behind Isaac Bruce.
16-teams - 1pt per 10yds rush/receive, 1 pt per 25 yds pass,No PPR
QB(1): Orton,Leftwich,Leinart
RB(2): Jones-Drew, Grant, Cadillac, L Washington, J Davis, Bernard Scott
WR(2): R. White, V. Jackson
TE(1): D. Clark, J. Finley
K(1): Gould
Def(1): BALT,GNB
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

Previous