Return to General Talk

Marry early and Marry often

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marry early and Marry often

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:45 am

3 wives greet man after triple bypass surgery

Briton nabbed on bigamy charges after meeting of spouses in hospital

Updated: 10:42 a.m. ET Aug. 11, 2005
LONDON - Some people bring flowers, others bring balloons. When Melvyn Reed's three wives showed up to visit him at the hospital, they brought an unexpected curtain call to his years as a double bigamist.

British police confirmed that after Melvyn Reed woke from his triple bypass heart operation earlier this year, his complicated marital affairs took a turn for a worse. All three of his spouses had turned up at the same time, despite his efforts to stagger their visits.

Media reports say that, upon realizing that something was amiss, the wives held a meeting in the parking lot, and learned that they were all married to the same man.

The 59-year-old company director from Kettering in central England turned himself into police on May 12 saying he was married to three women at the same time, and confessed to bigamy, an illegal offense in Britain, London's Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

A spokeswoman for the Crown Prosecution Service confirmed that Reed had turned himself in to police in Wimbledon, south London in the presence of his lawyer, and admitted he was a bigamist.

$126 fine
He pleaded guilty to two charges of bigamy on July 19 at the Wimbledon Magistrates' court, and was given a suspended sentence of four months in prison and ordered to pay 70 pounds ($126) in costs, police said.

It wasn't immediately possible to reach Reed or his three wives. A phone call to one of the women went unanswered. Reed's lawyer Laurence Grant was not immediately available at his office for comment.

The Metropolitan Police said Reed married his first wife, Jean Grafton, in 1966, then left her without divorcing her. He went on to marry Denise Harrington in 1998, then married Lyndsey Hutchinson in 2003.

British media have widely reported that Reed recently moved back in with his first wife, Grafton. They say she is the mother of his three grown children.

The Metropolitan Police said Harrington and Hutchinson had sought advice on getting their marriages annulled. But media reports say lawyers have advised the women that their marriages were never valid.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8908170/
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:05 am

LOL Nice read ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:14 am

Marriage to one woman is torture enough, this guy just has some sort of sick fetish for pain.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:15 am

Were they hot?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:20 am

I wonder if any were the babysitter :-o
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:31 am

Redskins Win wrote:I wonder if any were the babysitter :-o

LOL. I resemble that remark. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:54 am

SwiperNoSwiping
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Finally done with the bedroom, now on to the bathroom... <-----------Your gonna go blind

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:26 am

mutantseabass wrote:SwiperNoSwiping
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Finally done with the bedroom, now on to the bathroom... <-----------Your gonna go blind

Haha. That's my painting update dude...Unfortunately... :~(
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:28 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:SwiperNoSwiping
Hall of Fame Hero

Haha. That's my painting update dude...Unfortunately... :~(

Hey whatever you want to call it. ;-) I know i was just givin you some hell.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:30 pm

what a crazy guy 8-o
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk