Worst Inventions/Products of all time... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Worst Inventions/Products of all time...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Worst Inventions/Products of all time...

Postby Warpigs » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:52 am

We all have products that we just can't stand. So many of the Made-for-TV specials make you want to pull your hair out. Here's a place we can finally vent about this stupid stuff.

However, I'll leave the Salad Shooters and Mini-Bullets for someone else to rip apart -- I want to start with something bigger.

I can NOT stand low-rider trucks. Every time I see them on the streets, I want to scream. What purpose do they serve? Honestly? If you want to go faster (perhaps better aerodynamics in a low-rider?), then get a Mustang or some other sports car. When I drive a truck, I want to be able to go over more than the shallowest of potholes without bottoming out. Give me a 4x4, jacked up truck any day of the week over these pathetic waste-of-space "trucks" that you can't haul than an empty tuna can in the bed before it's dragging on the street.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:10 am

Funny you brought this up. Yesterday i was sitting at a light and what comes pulling up next to me. Some tool that took a Jeep Wrangler and lowered it. It made me sick to my stomach to look at. The kid couldnt have been more than 18 and im sure it was daddys money he wasted lowering one of the ultimate off road vehicles. I have never driven anything but a Jeep my entire life, i wanted to smack the kid around a bit for having no clue what a Jeep is all about. I guess im getting old, i cant stand all the spinning rims, lowered trucks and blatent disrespect for an american icon.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:24 am

1st, those stupid spinning hubcaps. SOOOOOOO GAAAAAAAAAAY!

2nd, weight loss machines....all of them.

3rd, the child safety tab on disposable lighters. The only people that thing confounds is the poor sap who's downed a few brewski's and can't get his smoke lit because the sweat from the bottle is making his thumb slippery and it won't allow him to put enough pressure on the stupid little $^#$&*%* tab to light the #$&Y*^$* lighter! :-°
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:04 am

I got a speed stick deoderant the other day (cause that's the way I roll . . . on)

what the hell is up with the side grip? that shiznit don't make no sense
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hastur » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:21 am

/hastur cracks knuckles, stretches, and wiggles fingers.....:

Level 1 of stupidity:
tapes and Cd's of 'singles'
buying 1 potato for a dollar rather than 15 for $1.99
chewing gum in container that looks like something. ie cell phone

Level 2 of stupidity:
cartoons of today
publishers who STILL send me info on 5 1/4" floppies
infomercial guests(oh, wow! look at that!)

Level 3 of stupidity:
infomercial spokespeople
my ability to keep little yellow sticky tab notes to myself organized
same series of books, 27 different authors

Level 4 of stupidity:
Hollywood
informercial products
spinning hubcaps

Level 5 of stupidity:
Low riders(Jeeps.....glad I didn't see that one)
Ground effects(the light under cars)
wearing pink as a fashion statement(men)
having a band-aid on your face as a fashion statement
99.9% of fashion statements
TV fantasy football analysts
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:37 pm

J2's top 10 most-annoying list(not in any particular order):

1. People who put nice rims on an old, rusted-out POS
2. Decking out Dodge Neons as if it were a racing car
3. Brail on the drive-thru ATM machine :-?
4. Dudes who pop up their collars on polo shirts! God, I feel old b/c no one ever did that when I grew up.
5. Infomercials. Especially the Jack lelanne juicer. I mean how can a stock of celery or carrots produce a huge glass full of juice! I just don't think its possible...
6. Spinner hubcaps. So lame!
7. "The fabulouse life of..." show on VH1
8. MTV of today
9. The Spanish channel. Only b/c they always have a smokin hot girl on there anytime you flip on that station but you can't understand them
10. Well, it not a product or item but I hate it...lol.. Stupid fantasy football trades offered to you my morons. I.E. I'll give you Curtis Martin for your LT. C'mon man. C-mart was the league's leading rusher last year!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:51 pm

I hate whoever invented the 7 day week and said we have to work for at least 5 of them for the vast majority of our lives.
:-t
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Tyr » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:35 pm

I think the Internet is the worst invention ever.

I will never forgive Al Gore for ruining my life with his dastardly creation. ;-7
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ironman » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:36 pm

J2thez929 wrote:4. Dudes who pop up their collars on polo shirts! God, I feel old b/c no one ever did that when I grew up.
7. "The fabulouse life of..." show on VH1
8. MTV of today

First off VH1 just needs to go away. All they ever have now are these stupid shows where C-List actors and unfunny comedians you've barely heard of talk about past trends and fads in our culture. Like anyone really wants to see the Sklar Brothers talk about a rubik's cube.

Totally agree with number 8. They created MTV2 just so they'd have somewhere else to play music videos, now MTV2 barely plays videos. MTV had been going downhill quite a while ago. When TRL started in the late 90's it just put them on the fast track.

Ugh, don't get me started with this weird collar thing. I was at the mall the other day and I walked past the Abercrombie store. Most people that have seen an Abercrombie know that a lot of times they'll have a couple employees near the front entrance that act as greeters, except they don't really greet you, they just stand there and act cool and hip and basically think about how great they look compared to everyone else. Anyway, the dude that happened to be at the front this time had his kick-ass big ragged cargo shorts on and a polo shirt, and he had the stupid collar up. Seriously, having a collar up should be the international sign for "Hey come punch me in the face!" Its the dumbest trend I've seen in a while.

Anyway to add to this annoying list I offer up, Abercrombie & Fitch. This store sucks. Everything in there has this worn and torn look, which is supposed to be awesome I hear. I'll admit, my favorite pair of jeans are pretty beat up, but I'm the one who broke them in. I don't need them broken in for me. And their jeans aren't just broken in, it looks like someone wore them when they fell down a rocky cliff, and when they hit the bottom, all bloody and bruised, a bear came by and took a dump on them. And then there's the music they play there, which rivals any night club in decibel level. TURN THE MUSIC DOWN!!!! Seriously, was there a study done that proved that if you play Crystal Method so loud the bass makes your chest hurt and your ears bleed that customers will buy more clothes? Granted I haven't shopped there in quite a few years but the whole snooty frat boy/sorority girl vibe that comes from that place makes me ill. :-P
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:43 pm

Oh my GOD, I think I just found the stupidest product EVER

http://www.alldumb.com/item/144/
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk