Who is the 4th Best Rb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the 4th Best Rb

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby daullaz » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:45 pm

I'm looking at Deuce at #4, McGahee at #5, Edge at #6, with Jamal, Corey and Clinton right behind them.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:03 pm

I go Edge>Jamal>Deuce as my 4,5,6 with McGahee,Portis,Dillon and KJ interchangeable after them for my 7,8,9,10.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:13 pm

I like Edge in a standard scoring league, if its TD heavy I'd go towards Duece or McGahee or Lewis though. Edge gets a ton of yards and should have some wide open running lanes just like he did last year. But hes never been the same since the knee.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:18 pm

WESTBROOK.

just kidding, seriously, tough question. i might go deuce, but honestly, just my gut says jamal. I don't think you could go wrong with either though.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:23 pm

I think I would have to take McAllister, I really expect him to have huge numbers. Then Lewis, and either McGahee or Edge.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby socceryank » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:59 pm

I have the 4th position as well, and I will grab Lewis in a heartbeat. Here's why:

1. Injuries limited his abilities in 2 games.
2. Suspended for 4 games.
3. Heap (the major receiver that could take pressure off the running game) was out all year for all intents and purposes.
4. Boller's ineptness early in the season made it easy for defenses to stack the line.

This year:
1. He's healthy.
2. He has a chip on his shoulder to prove himself.
3. Heap should be healthy.
4. New receiver depth.
5. The hopeful development of Boller.
6. Favorable matchups against questionable defenses (at least it appears that way).
7. Offensive coordinator that will be less predictable, and is committed to the run (which is proven under Fassel's regime in NY).

If the passing game progresses even a little to allow some more running lanes for Lewis, he could approach the same numbers as in 2003, IMO.

Edge has too much competition in that offense, and Deuce has too many "ifs" attached to his possible success.
socceryank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:12 pm

i personally worry about Jamals ankle injury. Sounded as though he was running with a limp a day or two ago. If not for that i would consider them equals. What does everyone else think about his injury? am i worrying over nothing?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Chief cheat sheet » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:38 pm

4. E. James
5. D.McAllister
6. K. Jones
Chief cheat sheet
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DGroundhog » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:15 am

Jamal is running with a limp still, not sure I'd put him #4.

Willis looked special. I'd take Willis.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Warpigs » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:30 am

This is an interesting question and one I've been pondering myself over the last week. It's interesting because about a month ago, the consensus pick here would be Willis McGahee. Nothing has really changed with McGahee overall (same supporting cast, no new injuries, etc.), and yet he's falling in many first round drafts. Why is this and is he becoming a solid middle to late first round value pick?

I know some are scared off by newbie QB JP Losman. However, how much worse could anyone get over Bledsoe from last year? I think that Losman should be at least able to match Bledsoe's numbers from last year, if not improve upon them. The defense is pretty solid, leading Buffalo to more run-oriented play to help control the clock. While the schedule may be a little rocky at times, McGahee seemed to handle that OK in previous seasons.

Overall, it's interesting that McGahee started falling some in lists and drafts right after Travis Henry left town for Tennessee. You would think that this only enhances McGahee's value.

Just curious on everyone's opinion on him.

For the record, I look at him, Deuce and Jamal for the 4-5-6 spots with Edge easily at No. 7.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk