Its WAR with Australia - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Its WAR with Australia

Moderator: Football Moderators

Its WAR with Australia

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:33 pm

Finally some common sense broke out and were bombing the Aussies:

DARWIN, Australia - A U.S. Marine Corps fighter jet dropped a bomb and damaged a building in an accident at a remote military range in northern Australia, the government said Friday.

The bomb, dropped by an F/A-18 Hornet, exploded near a control tower and damaged facilities at the Delamere Air Weapons Range in the Northern Territory on Wednesday, Australia's Defense Department said. No one was injured and no details were released on the extent of the damage.

Defense Minister Robert Hill said the mishap was under investigation by both Australian and American authorities.

"We certainly regard it as a serious incident," Hill told reporters in the northern city of Darwin.

Bombing exercises have ceased at the weapons range, some 80 miles south of the town of Katherine.

"Things like this will always happen; we hope not very frequently and we hope not any more dangerously," Prime Minister John Howard told Melbourne Radio 3AW. "But the idea that you can conduct any kind of military exercise without some kind of potential for mishap is unrealistic."

The U.S. Marine contingent, which is based in Japan, was conducting an annual training exercise called Southern Frontier that involves 500 troops, 15 F/A-18 Hornets and two KC-130 Hercules aircraft.

The U.S. Marine Corps said the ordnance was a 500 pound laser-guided bomb, Australian Broadcasting Corp. reported.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050812/ap_on_re_au_an/australia_us_bomb

:-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:56 pm

Sorry about that, aussieboy and Cupe... :-/

I surely hope that the pilot wasn't just trying out the equipment. :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:01 pm

Yeah, first we make them wait an extra month for Madden 2006 and now we're bombing them. We're whipping Australia's butt!! Resistance is futile!
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:19 pm

Crikey!!! 8-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:35 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:Yeah, first we make them wait an extra month for Madden 2006 and now we're bombing them. We're whipping Australia's butt!! Resistance is futile!

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US, AUSTRALIA
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby aussieboy » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:49 pm

No wonder you guys wanna perform military tests on foriegn soil. :-o
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:09 pm

aussieboy wrote:No wonder you guys wanna perform military tests on foriegn soil. :-o

Aww cmon, most of the outback doesnt qualify as soil, in fact the most soil to be found in the outback was in the pants of the guys in that building that got hit by the bomb :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:30 pm

Homeless wrote:Aww cmon, most of the outback doesnt qualify as soil, in fact the most soil to be found in the outback was in the pants of the guys in that building that got hit by the bomb :-b

LMAO....now that was funny!!! ;-D :-b ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:38 pm

LMAO :-b

yeah thats right, an 'accident'
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:02 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Homeless wrote:Aww cmon, most of the outback doesnt qualify as soil, in fact the most soil to be found in the outback was in the pants of the guys in that building that got hit by the bomb :-b

LMAO....now that was funny!!! ;-D :-b ;-D

There ain't nothing in Australia but steers and.....

Oh wait, that's Texas.....meh....same difference. :-D
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk