mcnair looked good - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

mcnair looked good

Moderator: Football Moderators

mcnair looked good

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:42 pm

took two hits and bounced up quickly both times. he said he initiated the contact once so he wouldn't be afraid of taking hits and said his chest feels fine. was 7 for 10 for 62 yards and a pick.
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crafty » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:49 am

McNair is going to be a steal for lots of people this year. He's got a better OC, the chance to call his own plays, and the defense is going to be Garbage there. Good TE's as well. I don't sweat the receiving corps being thin.
Fortune favours the bold.
Crafty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TitaniumTitan » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:15 pm

Ah, Finally, Some good news for Titans fans. :-)

Thanks Joshy and CrimDogg for there awesome sigs.
TitaniumTitan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: In the future, five years ahead. When the Titans actually win the superbowl..

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:22 pm

here's what yahoo had to say about him:

Aug 13 A slimmed-down McNair looked poised in Friday's preseason game against Tampa Bay. He went 7-of-10 for 67 yards and one interception. He also ran at will, and didn't shy away from taking a few hits.
Recommendation: Despite the interception, Friday should be a big confidence booster for McNair. He took control of the offense and did not appear hesitant against a very tough Bucs defense, a good sign that his sternum issues are behind him.

Aug 11 Quarterback Steve McNair won't wear a protective vest in the Titans' exhibition opener and said his surgically-repaired sternum is ready to absorb contact. "The doctor assured me it was probably the strongest bone in my body," McNair told The Tennessean. "It'll be good if I do get contact, if I do get sacked, if I do get tackled and see how it feels. But it's nothing I'll be worrying about."
Views: Team officials have raved about McNair during training camp, how he's in great shape and looking quicker than he has in years… and now he'll be unencumbered by a bulky protective vest. The former league co-MVP is flying below the fantasy radar this season, but with the Titans' defense prone to giving up points he'll be asked to generate plenty of his own. That's the recipe for a solid fantasy sleeper.

that's great news that he didn't wear a protective vest and was able to bounce right up after getting hit, hopefully his sternum problems are behind him.
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Teh Jury » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:35 pm

Well, when a bone fully heals, it usually heals back stronger than it was originally. So if he's fully healed, he should be fine.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:22 pm

I don't know...it's only the preseason can be taken different ways. He's healthy now, but after he takes a few hard hits, who knows how he'll feel. He almost always plays through a bunch of pain, though.

He's a risky backup QB, but he could easily turn into one of those guys who becomes your starter after 5-6 weeks. He probably has great value in drafts. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk