Im currently giving these guys a standing ovation... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Im currently giving these guys a standing ovation...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:44 pm

JohnnyUnitas wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
defianthart wrote:yeah i would definitely have gone with a jury, i dont know many people who would convict them, although they are obviously guilty of committing a crime.

I do. I've been on jury duty a time or two, and I was shocked to see how many people have "bleeding hearts" for these criminals. And in this case, the criminal I'm talking about is the sodomizer.

If this would happen to somebody from my family, I'd lose it as well. And reading this story, I have no doubt the uncle is guilty as hell, so I can perfectly understand these 3 guys.

I'll never have a 'bleeding heart' for a sodomizer. But just think, for one second, if this would happen to somebody who turns out to be innocent? What if some 'weeping mother' decides to make up a story? Then you would have attacked/branded/crucified an innocent person. Well, that would suck big time.

So in every case, taking the law into your own hands is wrong. Still, in a lot of cases it's perfectly understandible, and given the situation I'm sure I would do the exact same thing.

I can see your point about accidentally punishing an innocent person. But the bottom line is, our justice system is too lax and doesn't work. Ok, fine, give the man a fair trial, but if he's found guilty, he gets his genitals REMOVED for the crime he did. Then the crime will never happen again. Problem solved.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk