Which has a better value a FF mag or a FF pay site? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which has a better value a FF mag or a FF pay site?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which has a better value a FF mag or a FF pay site?

Postby iloveny18 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:47 pm

I really don't use that much in terms of info, websites, and mags, but I usually just buy 1 or 2 just to help me along. I need you guys' expertise and experience here. What mag or website is the best to get and which has the best and most trusted opinions, rankings, etc?

Also, which do I go with, a mag, or a site? I've never payed for a FF site before, so I want to know if it's worth it and what do they offer? Thanks in advance.
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:51 pm

I'd say pay site for the reason that generally they'll update their rankings a lot before the begining of the season, whereas if you'd get a mag, if a guy gets traded or hurt then you don't know where to put him. If you're looking for a good pay site, I'd suggest footballguys.com
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby agchris02 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:53 pm

I would say a pay site as well, there are several good ones. That aside, Id never pay for either, there is too much good free stuff avaialable from too many sites, no need to pay.

this care
footballguys
antsports
espn fantasy football

just for starters
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby iloveny18 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:57 pm

agchris02 wrote:That aside, Id never pay for either, there is too much good free stuff avaialable from too many sites, no need to pay.

well, are you saying that because they basically rank the players the same as everywhere else and have they make the same predictions?
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:17 pm

No, obviously everybody has different opinions on how they rank players. The thing is that, it's just that - an opinion, and I don't really believe that anybody's at a pay site is worth more than somebody's at a free site. If you don't want to have to do any work, you can put in your scoring system at http://www.fftoday.com, or http://www.fftoolbox.com, among others, and they'll give you their projections using your scoring system and a ranking of the players for free.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Bottled Aggression » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:50 pm

Most of the magazines comeout in June. how much new info have we gotten in the past 2 months?

Go with a free site and check a around and ask some questions here.
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DGroundhog » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:42 am

Tons of places to get free rankings.

http://www.ffbookmarks.com has links to more free rankings than you'll want to look at. Some of them aren't 'current' but most are updated regularly.

I paid for the Sporting News info once, and I was pretty disgusted with the product. I could find out more news and better info on free sites, and their player rankings stunk like a$$.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:06 am

Between here and Fantasysportscentral.com, you can keep yourself overwhelmed with stuff to read. That being said, I bit the bullet this year and bought a footballguys membership with a friend this year and have enjoyed it tremendously. Nice hardcore FF stuff there.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk