COUNTING RECEPTION, is it Edge, Deuce, or another at 4? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

COUNTING RECEPTION, is it Edge, Deuce, or another at 4?

Moderator: Football Moderators

COUNTING RECEPTION, is it Edge, Deuce, or another at 4?

Postby Jedimindtric » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:02 pm

There has been alot of discusion about the number 4 running back after Tomlinson, Holmes, and Alexander. Most of the post don't consider the huge impact a back that catches the ball can have in scoring. If a back catches 50 passes for 400 yards, and another back catches 20 passes for 150 yards, that causes a difference of 55 points. In a head to head that is about 4 points a week. With that in mind, I would probably go with Edge then Deuce and then maybe someone like Lewis or Dillon. Thoughts?
Last edited by Jedimindtric on Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are only 2 places in the league - First place and no place. Tom Seaver
Jedimindtric
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mr. Copernicus » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:21 am

a few come to mind that I'd slide before Lewis in pt. per rec leagues:

Dom_ huge finish last year and before someone plays the "injury bug" card, I'd just like to state that IMO if someone on my team were to miss a game I'd prefer it be because he was getting me points the previous week and not setting up crack deals in the offseason. BTW, Jamal has had some injuries of his own that were FAR more significant than anything Davis has been through.

Ahman_ catches a nice number of balls and Packer offense is said to be focussing a bit more on the ground game this year to help out Bates' "work-in-progress" defense.

C-Mart_ I'll bet you doubted him last year... you really want to do that again? Seriously though, I'd place him up there slightly ahead of the second pack of guys you mentioned (Duece is great and is poised to be right there with Ahman on a big bounce back year but sadly is part of an O that loves giving the ball away- Edge doesn't score as many TDs as I see Martin scoring and could be god knows where next year if the Keeper discussion enters into it [so his youth advantage/inj disadvantage could maybe be a "push here"] - Dillon is no spring chick and is part of an offense that shares the wealth)

Note: I'm trying to keep it to guys that have experience vs. the potenital based fav's like McGahee, Bell, the Jones' and so on because it seemed your list was following that train of thought.
Mr. Copernicus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jedimindtric » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:05 am

I can see taking D. Davis but Willis is still too risky at a high pick. He could blow up and have a great year but there is still a big risk. I have the number 5 pick in a ten team league and I am probably going to take Edge or Duece in the first and then I am hoping for someone like Tiki in the second. I can't believe it myself that I said I am hoping for Tiki but I am with the potential of those receptions.
There are only 2 places in the league - First place and no place. Tom Seaver
Jedimindtric
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk