McGahee - I told you so? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee - I told you so?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby toofunny » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:45 pm

However wrong MeShawn usually is, he's mostly right in this.

McGahee has great upside, but he's yet to even play a full season. For a redraft league, taking guys who've played 10 games in the nfl in the 1st round, is usually a mistake.

Same goes for Julius Jones. I've seen a number of reports that they want to keep his carries well < 25, around 18-20.

If you take either, your next RB better be extremely solid.
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:37 am

I'd love to see him tear that knee up in the preseason. Just another enigmatic running back I wouldn't have to worry about drafting. }:-)
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:08 am

It'd be tough to handcuff McGahee because his backups are competing for the #2 job, but I'd give the edge to Shaud Williams. He didn't look horrible last year, and looked good today.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MeShawn » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:46 am

I'm pretty sure Shaud Williams is the backup in Buffalo. He looked great on a limited amount of carries last night (broke one for 19, and then 20 I believe).

If you're either a cautious McGahee owner in a redraft, or a McGahee dynasty owner, definately keep an eye on Shaud Williams.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:16 am

Let's see MeShawn...so if you're sitting with the 10th or 11th pick in a draft this offseason...you'd rather draft Corey Dillon or Clinton Portis over Willis McGahee? Be my guest.

It's the preseason man...I didn't see the game, but if there's any pain at all there's no reason to keep the player in there. Also, Bills officials after the game said McGahee was not injured.

Boy you'll say or bring up anything just to get your opinion of McGahee across. We get the point. Wait till some real evidence comes across before posting another one of these 'I'm not drafting McGahee' threads.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby monkey69 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:19 am

I wouldn't get too excited/depressed about a preseason game. Also, Shaud Williams is the backup just like last year. Rashard Lee is behind him and new to the system.
16-teams - 1pt per 10yds rush/receive, 1 pt per 25 yds pass,No PPR
QB(1): Orton,Leftwich,Leinart
RB(2): Jones-Drew, Grant, Cadillac, L Washington, J Davis, Bernard Scott
WR(2): R. White, V. Jackson
TE(1): D. Clark, J. Finley
K(1): Gould
Def(1): BALT,GNB
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

btw

Postby hwkyetkd11 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:41 am

By the way McGahee did come back in, sportscenter just reported so. He just sat out a few plays. It could have just been a rock in his shoe. It couldnt have been serious at all if they out McGahee back in during a preseason game.
hwkyetkd11
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby socceryank » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:47 am

Even so, I bet all Bill fans wish they had Henry "just in case" to fall back on!

Just one comment about his knee. I am a sports physical therapist, so I am not just offering up an unfounded opinion. There is still a need to be concerned about his knee. It is difficult enough to return after just an ACL tear, but when you have damage to multiple ligaments like he did, the recovery process is longer. Now I know he did great last year, but I'm not sure how he will hold up over a full season. I think the potential is there to experience some issues the second half of the season after the wear and tear begin to take their toll.

That's why I'm drafting Jamal over him if his ankle seems to be ok ;-D
socceryank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MeShawn » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:13 am

joshyboy72 wrote:Let's see MeShawn...so if you're sitting with the 10th or 11th pick in a draft this offseason...you'd rather draft Corey Dillon or Clinton Portis over Willis McGahee? Be my guest.

It's the preseason man...I didn't see the game, but if there's any pain at all there's no reason to keep the player in there. Also, Bills officials after the game said McGahee was not injured.

Boy you'll say or bring up anything just to get your opinion of McGahee across. We get the point. Wait till some real evidence comes across before posting another one of these 'I'm not drafting McGahee' threads.

Calm down man. I know it wasn't serious at all. I never gave any inclination that it was. I was joking about the "I told you so" part, hence the "Nah, way too early to say that". But usually, when a star RB gets even knicked up a little bit, people want to know about it. Just so happens, it was McGahee's bad knee and he was limping off the field.

And since when have I been "saying anything" to dis McGahee? I've made one thread and that wasn't specifically dissing McGahee, but comparing him to Kevin Jones (here).

Sheesh man.

To answer your question, yes, I might be inclined to take Portis or Dillon over McGahee in a redraft. I have him somewhere in the Portis/Dillon/DD/KJ range.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:17 am

MeShawn wrote:To answer your question, yes, I might be inclined to take Portis or Dillon over McGahee in a redraft. I have him somewhere in the Portis/Dillon/DD/KJ range.

without a doubt.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk