McGahee - I told you so? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee - I told you so?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Calyxes » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:19 am

8-o

I seen this and thought oh here we go... I have owens also so I have been on edge all off season
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:37 pm

Calyxes wrote:8-o

I seen this and thought oh here we go... I have owens also so I have been on edge all off season

Yeah I can see why your worried!

Oh well relax its just the preseason.
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Pete123444 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:42 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:Let's see MeShawn...so if you're sitting with the 10th or 11th pick in a draft this offseason...you'd rather draft Corey Dillon or Clinton Portis over Willis McGahee? Be my guest

I have Portis and Dillon ranked above McGahee, injury or no. I think he is way way overrated this year.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby cordscords » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:50 pm

Good: McGahee is just fine. He actually did return for the next series but didnt get any carries. On a couple of plays he showed great vision, balance, power, and speed. All the qualites that make a great RB. He looked sharp.

Bad: He ran through tackle Jonas Jennings on 75% of his plays last year. Can Mike Gandy create the holes Jennings did?

Bottom Line: I don't expect McGahee to build on his #'s from last year, I expect them to match them. Expect him to start slow and then explode in the second half. If you can nab him at the end of the first round, you get the cool thumbs up emoticon ;-D
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:59 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
MeShawn wrote:To answer your question, yes, I might be inclined to take Portis or Dillon over McGahee in a redraft. I have him somewhere in the Portis/Dillon/DD/KJ range.

without a doubt.

This is me too. Also, Im suprised no one is mentioning the loss of their best runblocker in BUF - thats going to be a negative for McGahee.

As of right now Id draft Dillon ahead of McGahee and I would give serious consideration to Portis ahead of him too.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:16 am

Let's all start threads every time someone takes a breather in an early preseason game. We'll say "I told you so" if a player is being drafted too high. Then we'll totally forget that rankings are based on an entire season of stats and not meaningless preseason games. It'll be great!
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:53 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Let's all start threads every time someone takes a breather in an early preseason game. We'll say "I told you so" if a player is being drafted too high. Then we'll totally forget that rankings are based on an entire season of stats and not meaningless preseason games. It'll be great!

funny.

At the same time however - there is a large group of people who have felt the rankings of McGahee as a top 5 RB were flat out wrong/overrated/hype - whatever you want to call it. I think there are those who are honestly trying to help their Cafe bretheren by warning people away from ranking him that high. One of the big reasons of course is based on his serious injury - so when he gets even slightly injured in a preseason game, you can expect the anti-McGahee crowd to reaise their voices even louder. You know this though. Next week when McGahee scores 4 TDs in a goalline drill, the McGahee contingent will crow just as loudly. This is how the Cafe operates.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:58 am

[quote="Cornbread MaxwellThis is me too. Also, Im suprised no one is mentioning the loss of their best runblocker in BUF - thats going to be a negative for McGahee.

As of right now Id draft Dillon ahead of McGahee and I would give serious consideration to Portis ahead of him too.[/quote]

I agree McGahee top 5 is to early. Like Cornbread said they lost one of their best run blockers and teams are going to bring up 8 in the box and blitz all day into Losman can prove he can pass the ball downfield.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin' » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:04 am

keep a very close eye on the backup situation here. this lionel gates who is a rookie has been getting a lot of talk up here. i would say right now shaud williams is the backup but it wouldn't suprise me if gates/lee/williams all shared time should mcgahee go down. in other words, i don't know if handcuffing mcgahee to any of the backups is that great of an idea.
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mudd » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:12 am

I'm not too worried about this "injury". It is preseason, and McGahee proved he can carry the load for MOST of the regular season. There aren't too many, if even one, RB that will play all 16 games.

I got McGahee as my #2 RB yesterday in my first draft. So I'm feeling like that was some good value (I had the 4th overrall pick, so I got McGahee with the 17th overrall pick).
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk