McGahee - I told you so? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee - I told you so?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby defianthart » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:55 am

Mudd wrote:I'm not too worried about this "injury". It is preseason, and McGahee proved he can carry the load for MOST of the regular season. There aren't too many, if even one, RB that will play all 16 games.

I got McGahee as my #2 RB yesterday in my first draft. So I'm feeling like that was some good value (I had the 4th overrall pick, so I got McGahee with the 17th overrall pick).

curtis martin has played all 16 games for the past 6 seasons, it happens all the time
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdogg_ffc » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:57 pm

Mudd wrote:I'm not too worried about this "injury". It is preseason, and McGahee proved he can carry the load for MOST of the regular season. There aren't too many, if even one, RB that will play all 16 games.

I got McGahee as my #2 RB yesterday in my first draft. So I'm feeling like that was some good value (I had the 4th overrall pick, so I got McGahee with the 17th overrall pick).

Yeah thats a good value ;-D

I think what people are saying is that they don't think he's worth a num. 5 pick.
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:14 pm

defianthart wrote:

curtis martin has played all 16 games for the past 6 seasons, it happens all the time

Martin is more like the exception than the rule. That's like someone saying not too many QBs play the whole year and then you say well Favre hasn't missed a game in 10 years.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby MeShawn » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:06 pm

Before 100 people jump on me again, I'm telling you, this isn't serious. There are no strings attached, I'm just feeding you guys updates.

Bills | McGahee: Not Injured
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 21:18:13 -0700

The Associated Press reports Buffalo Bills RB Willis McGahee limped off the field during the first half of the team's preseason game Saturday, Aug. 13. He returned for one series and did not play again. Bills team officials said McGahee was not injured.

But...

AP Wire wrote:Bills' top running back Willis McGahee was held out of practice Monday night because of a sore right leg. Referring to the injury as "a tweak," coach Mike Mularkey said
he sat out McGahee for precautionary reasons and didn't know whether he would practice Tuesday. "He doesn't need the work tonight. I'm just being smart about
it," Mularkey said.

I'm not going to even post an opinion or any insight on this. This is just an update. I have no idea if this is related to the other knee thing.

:-°
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:18 pm

Azrael wrote:
defianthart wrote:

Martin is more like the exception than the rule. That's like someone saying not too many QBs play the whole year and then you say well Favre hasn't missed a game in 10 years.

yeah i guess thats true, i searched for some others and after about 6 or 7 guys i gave up
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk