Return to Football Talk

clarence moore, roddy white

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:45 am

Gunslinger wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
MadScott wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:Just picked up White with my 2.4 pick in our dynasty rookie/FA draft. I got to see a lot of his highlights from UAB here in Birmingham. He's got a lot of talent, we'll see if it translates to fantasy numbers.
That was a horrible pick! :-b

No word out of camp so far is that he has struggled to learn the offense since coming into camp late.

Awww, you're just jealous. ;)

no seriously dude. that pick sucks

Do you even know what a dynasty league is? :-?

yes but you could have gotten him later. It's all about value based drafting
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:09 am

PACKman1144 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
MadScott wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:Just picked up White with my 2.4 pick in our dynasty rookie/FA draft. I got to see a lot of his highlights from UAB here in Birmingham. He's got a lot of talent, we'll see if it translates to fantasy numbers.

No word out of camp so far is that he has struggled to learn the offense since coming into camp late.

This was a rookie draft, not a full draft. Edwards, MW, and Mark Clayton were already off of the board.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby socceryank » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:38 am

Gunslinger wrote:I got to see a lot of his highlights from UAB here in Birmingham.

Gunslinger -- you still live in Birmingham? I moved here from NY 11 years ago, and didn't think anyone here watched anything but college ball!
socceryank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:42 am

Gunslinger wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
MadScott wrote:

This was a rookie draft, not a full draft. Edwards, MW, and Mark Clayton were already off of the board.

ok whatever, hope he does you well
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:46 am

Falcons' wide receiver Roddy White injured his right ankle while being tackled during a preseason game against the Ravens on Saturday. "They don't know when I'm going to be back," White told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution after the game. Falcons' officials have labeled the rookie's injury as a high ankle sprain. White, whom the Falcons selected with the No. 27 overall pick in the 2005 draft, is expected to undergo further medical evaluation on Sunday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7203/news

i can hear vick for mayor crying as i type this... :~(
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:16 am

PACKman1144 wrote:ok whatever, hope he does you well

I'd be curious to see your top 20 rookie list since you seem to have such an attitude about it.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby defianthart » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:46 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Falcons' wide receiver Roddy White injured his right ankle while being tackled during a preseason game against the Ravens on Saturday. "They don't know when I'm going to be back," White told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution after the game. Falcons' officials have labeled the rookie's injury as a high ankle sprain. White, whom the Falcons selected with the No. 27 overall pick in the 2005 draft, is expected to undergo further medical evaluation on Sunday.

i saw it and it looked pretty bad, his leg got caught under a DB and was dragged a little ways. he did leave the field under his own power and when he went into the locker room he wasnt even taped up so i dont think its that bad of a sprain
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:10 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:

he'll be back in a week or so at the latest (mora said he would most likely only miss a few practices) this isn't a big deal. the way he looked compared to the other falcons wr's he will be starting a few weeks into the season at the latest. jenkins looked ok but dropped too many passes (although to his credit some of them were tough to catch but schaub put them where he had to), price didn't do anything and dropped a pass, brian finneran was brian finneran and couldn't catch shit, and i don't remember seeing dez white do anything.
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:32 am

Gunslinger wrote:

I'd be curious to see your top 20 rookie list since you seem to have such an attitude about it.

I haven't ranked my rookies since i'm not in any dynasties, and i never draft more than 1 rookie. I didn't realize you were in a rookie draft i guess i just skimmed over your 1st post. In that case its not that bad. the only way to find out is to wait a few years though.

Good luck with him ;-D
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:07 am

PACKman1144 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I haven't ranked my rookies since i'm not in any dynasties, and i never draft more than 1 rookie. I didn't realize you were in a rookie draft i guess i just skimmed over your 1st post. In that case its not that bad. the only way to find out is to wait a few years though.

Good luck with him ;-D

I figured you missed that. Glad we got it cleared up. He's a longshot, as most rookie WRs are, but we have deep benches in this league so we can afford to develop a couple players.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk