Benson's contract talks take a positive step - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Benson's contract talks take a positive step

Moderator: Football Moderators

Benson's contract talks take a positive step

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:32 pm

The Chicago Tribune reports talks between Chicago Bears management and Eugene Parker, RB Cedric Benson's agent, advanced past the conceptual stage and into specifics for the first time Saturday, Aug. 13, keeping the momentum moving forward to end the 21-day holdout. There still is optimism that Benson will be signed in time to log enough practice time to play in the Bears' third exhibition game Aug. 20 against the Indianapolis Colts.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:53 am

Missing camp+the way TJ has performed so far=Benson won't be starting anytime until maybe mid year.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:34 am

I really hate it when this crap happens. I get all hot for a rookie coming out of college and the chump won't even sign on time. I had him tabbed for the offensive rookie of the year and it looks like he might not even be the best back on his team. I suppose TJ has to be more of a factor at this point, but if Benson can at least get a couple of preseason games under his belt and show something, he could still factor into the mix early in the regular season. I guess Cadillac Williams is the rookie running back du jour at this point, eh?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:10 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I suppose TJ has to be more of a factor at this point, but if Benson can at least get a couple of preseason games under his belt and show something, he could still factor into the mix early in the regular season. I guess Cadillac Williams is the rookie running back du jour at this point, eh?

Yeah, Caddy and Arrington are probably the two best bets in a redraft. But I wouldn't give up on either Benson just yet, like you said, it looks like he can get two preseason games in. The fact that the offense is designed for a bruiser like Benson cannot be stressed enough. The Bears went out and picked Cedric over Cadillac because they knew he would fit their style.

So, I wouldn't downgrade Benson too much over two missed preseason games and Thomas Jones breaking some 12 yard runs on a few 2nd team defenses that aren't quite giving it their all.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby monkey69 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:17 am

I think a more significant problem for any Chicago RB is that no one will respect their passing game and load the box.
I went to Stanford - seen Hutchinson play plenty of times - not very good in college and not very good in the pros
16-teams - 1pt per 10yds rush/receive, 1 pt per 25 yds pass,No PPR
QB(1): Orton,Leftwich,Leinart
RB(2): Jones-Drew, Grant, Cadillac, L Washington, J Davis, Bernard Scott
WR(2): R. White, V. Jackson
TE(1): D. Clark, J. Finley
K(1): Gould
Def(1): BALT,GNB
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:17 am

yea...grossman wasnt an awesome qb yet...but he was a heck of a lot better than the backup...so now they will just be looking for the fun
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk