Tater Bell didn't look too hot last night... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tater Bell didn't look too hot last night...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tater Bell didn't look too hot last night...

Postby colosilverado » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:26 pm

Well, even though it was only preseason game #1, Tater didn't look too decent last night. He coughed it up once after catching a short pass and didn't do anything. Of course, he wasn't running with the 1's and didn't have a chance to get in a groove. Anderson looked ok. He was solid if unspectacular, but that is his style anyway. Ron Dayne actually looked the best to me by a ways. The RB situation is going to be murky for awhile it seems-if it ever clears up. Q didn't make the trip and neither did Maurice. I don't think those guys have a shot based on what Dayne did behind lesser talent (of course he was going against lesser talent also) and if Tater doesn't get his crap together, he will sit alot.

Watts continues to be maddening. This guy just cannot catch with his hands, it seems. If he doesn't have his body there to trap the ball into, it gets dicey.
colosilverado
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Posse » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:27 pm

Thanks for the info on Watts.
Posse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

tater bell

Postby bry97 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:37 pm

Everyone is hyping up Bell, but Anderson is #1 on the depth charts. Should get interesting in Denver. You just don't know what Shanahan is thinking week to week. He and Tice frustrate the fantasy world to no end.
bry97
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby colosilverado » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:07 pm

Watts had several passes that hit him in the hands and he didn't come up with them. I think he ended up missing at least 4 or 5. Some of them were somewhat tougher catches, but all were catchable according to the local play by play team (which includes Mark Schlereth who is generally positive about everything and would know the game well). He just seems to struggle if the ball hits him anywhere but the breadbasket. I would guess that the nerve damage in his hand will never let him reach his potential.

Tater will get his carries soon. It will be interesting to see if he can get going and hold onto the rock. He might have to focus on beating out Dayne more than Anderson.
colosilverado
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:41 pm

i think it will end up with a rbbc there...griffen has still got to be in the mix. Bess just not even drafting from that team, atleast i wont b
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Re: tater bell

Postby awwchrist » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:00 pm

bry97 wrote:Everyone is hyping up Bell, but Anderson is #1 on the depth charts. Should get interesting in Denver. You just don't know what Shanahan is thinking week to week. He and Tice frustrate the fantasy world to no end.

The word has been out for a couple weeks now. Nobody is hyping up Bell. He's cooled off considerably.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:18 pm

Bell is still going awfully early in drafts I have noticed...

Anderson is sneaking up the boards some, but I am honesty more surprised he hasn't snuck up more than he has.

I know Denver's RB situation is clear as mud right now, but sure would be nice landing him later..You could get huge value if he ends up being the man there. Indications seem to be that he is.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Posse » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:26 pm

I drafted Q Griffen last year. That didn't work out to well. Luckily I had a chance to get Droughns. I am staying away from Denver this year.

Take my opinon as a grain of salt.
Posse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:28 pm

why not Clarrett???
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Posse » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:32 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:why not Clarrett???

If that was to me, Yes I will look at him in my Dynasty League.
Posse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk