When does your school start? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

When does your school start?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:10 am

I always related the two terms to rap and hip hop. They aren't the same thing!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PackerAttack84 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:10 pm

Tiki wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:School is starting on the 7th for me. At my school, there are 8 periods a day. 5 academic (english, math, history, science, language), an arts class, like music or theatre or whatever, lunch, and a study hall. The catch is, every day we have what's called an "X" period. It was made to help out the science teachers so we could do labs. every day we have an X period, which is a planned out period. Our school uses a 10 day schedule, as it's called. Monday is 1, tuesday is 2, and so on until 10, meaning the next monday is 6 and the next tuesday is 7. The X period is a free period to study or hang out of meet with a club, and the class for that period that day is cancelled. The catch is, is you have science the period before the X period, you stay late for a science lab which would be once every 2 weeks because of the 10 day schedule. On odd numbered days the X is an odd period, and the same for even periods. It's really cool, I was wondering if anyone else used this???

That's confusing....

Yeah, I would have no idea what was going on, it sounds pretty boring, you have to take a music class for the whole year, and you have to take a art class for the whole year. I'd much rather take like a computer class, we have a bunch of really cool computer classes. Right now I am in Web Page Design, and there's a class called Foods I and II, and you like learn to cook a bunch of stuff and get to eat it. We have over 1800 students so we have a lot of different options. MTR, you don't have Phy Ed.?
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:54 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:
Tiki wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:School is starting on the 7th for me. At my school, there are 8 periods a day. 5 academic (english, math, history, science, language), an arts class, like music or theatre or whatever, lunch, and a study hall. The catch is, every day we have what's called an "X" period. It was made to help out the science teachers so we could do labs. every day we have an X period, which is a planned out period. Our school uses a 10 day schedule, as it's called. Monday is 1, tuesday is 2, and so on until 10, meaning the next monday is 6 and the next tuesday is 7. The X period is a free period to study or hang out of meet with a club, and the class for that period that day is cancelled. The catch is, is you have science the period before the X period, you stay late for a science lab which would be once every 2 weeks because of the 10 day schedule. On odd numbered days the X is an odd period, and the same for even periods. It's really cool, I was wondering if anyone else used this???

That's confusing....

Yeah, I would have no idea what was going on, it sounds pretty boring, you have to take a music class for the whole year, and you have to take a art class for the whole year. I'd much rather take like a computer class, we have a bunch of really cool computer classes. Right now I am in Web Page Design, and there's a class called Foods I and II, and you like learn to cook a bunch of stuff and get to eat it. We have over 1800 students so we have a lot of different options. MTR, you don't have Phy Ed.?

No, since it's private, there is no Phys Ed but instead we have to play a sport every season for the school teams. After school every day, 6 days a week. It's real hard. And we have tons of "other" classes, which I called music and art. We have computer classes, debate, public speaking, photography, etc. I'm doing debate and music producing this year. It's real cool.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tiki » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:06 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:
Tiki wrote:

That's confusing....

No, since it's private, there is no Phys Ed but instead we have to play a sport every season for the school teams. After school every day, 6 days a week. It's real hard. And we have tons of "other" classes, which I called music and art. We have computer classes, debate, public speaking, photography, etc. I'm doing debate and music producing this year. It's real cool.

Dude I go to a private school and I have gym! That's kinda odd man, no phy ed! But you have to play for a school team. That's odd! Is your school like really strict? Also, do you have to wear uniforms?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:01 pm

Tiki wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:
Tiki wrote:

That's confusing....

Dude I go to a private school and I have gym! That's kinda odd man, no phy ed! But you have to play for a school team. That's odd! Is your school like really strict? Also, do you have to wear uniforms?

For guys, we have a code, not uniforms though. In Sept. and May/June we wear a polo shirt w/ khakis. In oct through march we wear a dress shirt w/ tie and khakis or chinos. It's not a uniform though.

Girls don't have a uniform but they have some rules like for skirts you have to put your hands against your skirt and the skirt must be longer than your fingers, and no sleeveless, and a few others. No uniforms though.

My school is a scrict school, but really a normal private school. the only difference is that the same school was in england as this one, and in the UK they have forms instead of grades. So 9th grade is form 3, 10th is form 4 and so on. There is a middle school also but they have their own building off our campus. They are called upper prep, form 1 and form 2.

The website for the school is here: http://www.kingswood-oxford.org

It's a real tough school but I don't know if it's strict. I know that there are drug dealers there but the people get expelled for bullying and other stuff.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MeShawn » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:53 pm

LOL, Mtr, do we go to the same school? Forms instead of grades, 6 day classes (half day on Wed), dress codes. So British, yikes.

BTW, Form II is 9th grade. ;-)

The only benefit of this cathlic/old/british, whatever you want to call it schooling is we get out really early (May 31st).
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:02 pm

That would suck to have a dress code, because I wear shorts year round. I guess you get used to the coldness living in Wisconsin. 30 degress out and sometimes I wear a sweatshirt. It's got to either be snowing or under 10 degress for me not to wear shorts.

If it was like really hot one day, like in October or April, I'd just wear shorts and a t-shirt. :-b

On a side note, for those of you who don't have dress codes, do any of you have to wear a shirt and tie to school on gameday's?
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:49 pm

MeShawn wrote:LOL, Mtr, do we go to the same school? Forms instead of grades, 6 day classes (half day on Wed), dress codes. So British, yikes.

BTW, Form II is 9th grade. ;-)

The only benefit of this cathlic/old/british, whatever you want to call it schooling is we get out really early (May 31st).

At my school it goes:

6th grade -Upper prep
7th grade- form 1
8th- form 2
9th - form 3

up until 12th grade, which is form 6.

I get out on June 6th I think.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:50 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:That would suck to have a dress code, because I wear shorts year round. I guess you get used to the coldness living in Wisconsin. 30 degress out and sometimes I wear a sweatshirt. It's got to either be snowing or under 10 degress for me not to wear shorts.

If it was like really hot one day, like in October or April, I'd just wear shorts and a t-shirt. :-b

On a side note, for those of you who don't have dress codes, do any of you have to wear a shirt and tie to school on gameday's?

We had to do the shirt and tie thing at my Middle School but at my new school there is no need.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canacuna » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:04 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:On a side note, for those of you who don't have dress codes, do any of you have to wear a shirt and tie to school on gameday's?

We had to wear shirt + ties for football and basketball. I thought most schools did that - with or without a usual dress code.

But yeah, I hated dressin' up for my old job... don't know how I'd deal with havin' to do it at school too.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk