QB kicker combos - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

QB kicker combos

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB kicker combos

Postby Pete123444 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:09 pm

You always here about QB-WR combos. Whether or not they are good or bad.

I'm curious as to what the general opinion is on QB-Kicker combos.

Kickers usually don't matter, but if a Qb has a bad day and can't get into the endzone maybe 3,4 or 5 FG's will help ya sneak by with a win?
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TitaniumTitan » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:17 pm

Yeah, that is true. Losman, Boller and Hutch should be paired up with there kickers. They are questionable Qb's

Thanks Joshy and CrimDogg for there awesome sigs.
TitaniumTitan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: In the future, five years ahead. When the Titans actually win the superbowl..

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:56 pm

What if the QB's so bad they can't even get in FG range? What if your combo gets shut out?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:08 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:What if the QB's so bad they can't even get in FG range? What if your combo gets shut out?

hey GG, where have you been?

I guess your S O L then. but what I'm thinking with the original question was, I really don't care on draft day what kicker I get. But maybe with putting a little thought into it, matching a kicker up with a qb or your first rd draft pick might not be a bad idea. Like after the first couple of kickers are gone they are all about the same anyway. I wouldn't take a kicker that is way down on the rankings. But if you have 4-12 all about the same, why not take someone who matches with your top player. If your #1 RB (or QB)has a great day then the kicker won't matter. But if they struggle with TD production, there is a chance that your K could have a good day and be a difference. No?
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:37 am

Pete123444 wrote:I guess your S O L then. but what I'm thinking with the original question was, I really don't care on draft day what kicker I get. But maybe with putting a little thought into it, matching a kicker up with a qb or your first rd draft pick might not be a bad idea. Like after the first couple of kickers are gone they are all about the same anyway. I wouldn't take a kicker that is way down on the rankings. But if you have 4-12 all about the same, why not take someone who matches with your top player. If your #1 RB (or QB)has a great day then the kicker won't matter. But if they struggle with TD production, there is a chance that your K could have a good day and be a difference. No?

In the words of the Guinness commercials - BRILLIANT!

I particularly like the idea of "if stud A goes wild then kicker is not really needed anyway" - especially since you would still get the extra-pointers...

Nice little idea Pete...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk