Where's Donovan? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where's Donovan?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where's Donovan?

Postby DocSlinky » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:00 pm

Certainly, we are all following the TO/Philly situation closely and hping for some sort of definite resolution, one way or the other - and hopefully sooner rather than later.

I'm trying to figure out what this does to McNabb's ranking for the time being, though. If your draft were tomorrow, with things as they are now, where would you rate DM among the QB's?
DocSlinky
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:01 pm

Third.

The same as it has always been. Until T.O. actually signs with another team, my rankings won't change. I think this will evetually blow over.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:19 pm

Third, possibly 2nd if TO can stop throwing a trantrum and play football.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby fantasizing » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:34 pm

With TO, third....without him....barely cracks the top 10
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:54 pm

With Terrell I have him at 3, without Terrell I have him at 9.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gold_steel » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:29 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:With Terrell I have him at 3, without Terrell I have him at 9.

??? This guy was still a stud without T.O. Are you calling FredEx a huge stud because i dont think he had that big an impact on Mcnabb's numbers. I realize without TO, Mcnabb has absolutely 0 threats, but we know what this guy can do without him. You still gotta likley keep him 3, but i wouldnt draft him before the late 4/early 5th round.
gold_steel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby grover99 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:33 pm

You can leave him at 3, but he is just barely ahead of bulger or green. I agree that it is not wise to take him before the 5th.
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:16 am

gold_steel wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:With Terrell I have him at 3, without Terrell I have him at 9.

??? This guy was still a stud without T.O. Are you calling FredEx a huge stud because i dont think he had that big an impact on Mcnabb's numbers. I realize without TO, Mcnabb has absolutely 0 threats, but we know what this guy can do without him. You still gotta likley keep him 3, but i wouldnt draft him before the late 4/early 5th round.

If Owens isn't there, he has two unproven WR's as his top two threats. While I agree, he's done it with Pinkston, Thrash, Fred-Ex and a bunch of other castaways, I'll take my chances with guys like Manning, Culpepper, Green, Bulger, Delhomme, Collins, Hasselbeck...you get the idea. In 2002 and 2003, McNabb threw 17 and 16 touchdowns respectively. That's not going to cut it for me. I realize he threw 20+ in 2000 and 2001, but I'd rather depend on quarterbacks with proven numbers like Green or Bulger. I'd rather depend on a guy like Collins who has more upside. I'd rather depend on the always dependable Brett Favre.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Shader » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:34 am

Without TO, McNabb makes my "undraftable" list.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:41 am

Shader wrote:Without TO, McNabb makes my "undraftable" list.
8-o

Pretty sure that you left off the " ;-7 " icon.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk