8 Gs for the V! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

8 Gs for the V!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:06 pm

Canacuna wrote:VHawk is too cool for a big speech... only those attention-whorin' losers give big speeches. ;-7

Oh, ok I'll just forget about the others he's done!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:19 pm

The Cuna wrote:VHawk is too cool for a big speech... only those attention-whorin' losers give big speeches.

Are you doubting VHawk’s ability to be an attention-whorin’ loser? Whateva, whateva, it’s my body, I do what I want.

Just kidding, man, and funny reply, as usual. ;-)

Okay, now that it isn't in the early morning hours and I'm not falling over on my keyboard, I’d like to say a few things about my experience at the Café during these 8000 (and 52) posts.

I came to two years, nine days, and three hours ago, but really, who’s counting. I found the website via Google, as I was just searching for some general cheat sheets and fantasy football advice. What I found turned out to be much more. A community where people knew each other, respected each other, and exchanged fantasy football advice. I was in heaven. I rushed to make my first brilliant post in response to a Trung Candidate and Jeremy Shockey for Edge. :

A young VHawk wrote:In my opinion, Candiate is just a name is this trade. It's basically Shockey for Edge. Because of Edge's past injury, it would seem as though the two are equal. But if you throw in your hole at RB, you need to do this trade.

Yep, stunning. Hey, at least I got the advice correct. And after that post, I just knew there were about 7,999 posts on the way. Oh, and I also used tarot cards to predict that I'd have over 2000 posts in that forum.

The next thing I noticed at the Cafe (as I mentioned in my 6000 posts congratulatory thread) was the abundance of awesome Seahawk fans, which continues to grow. The COSFATC boasts a wiseass (“who?”), a Canadian, an attention-whorin’ Peasant, and a couple of liberals to boot. :-b

Over the last year (my previous speeches have covered other time periods), I’ve basically kicked a lot of ass. The KKL suffered my wrath, and the VXL was stunned when the Screaming Llamas pranced through. Oh, and I showed up everyone by proving that I was the luckiest when it came to picking random kickers each week in the Blackjack competition. ;-D

During the offseason, it seemed that I did a helluva lot of debating people. Be it about Ricky Williams, Clinton Portis, President Bush, or the death penalty, it seems like there’s always someone who thinks that I’m wrong. But, of course, I was the guy that thought William Green was a must-have in the second round in 2003, so you never know. ;-7

I also put in lots of overtime during the offseason when it came to Trade, Draft, and Keeper questions. Of course, soon, they were not only filling up the forum as usual, but my inbox as well. I would’ve reached 8,000 two months ago if these people would have just sent me a link. Anyway, I realize that I am also quite the spammer, and that now I’m only the third person to hit 8k, and the other two have been year more than a year longer than I have. Yeah, and I have a job too. Pretty pathetic, but I guess I can pride myself on being the Light Side’s (and poor man’s) version of Madison. You know, minus about 50,000 posts.

But speaking of GP and Homey, my fellow mods and I try to work very hard to keep things running smoothly, but I don’t think menyak and Arlo’s dedication should ever be overlooked. They run this forum, as well as three others seamlessly and selflessly, and they probably don’t get enough credit.

Anyway, guys, it’s been a great offseason and I’d love to give everyone shoutouts or something stylish like that, but I’m afraid I’d overload the site’s bandwidth (crap, I think that sounded like Mercer). You guys are seriously like a second family to me, and I continue to be amazed at how I can look at a person’s ridiculous user name and all of a sudden I know not only who they’re favorite player is, but what Looney Tunes character they are, too. So thanks to everyone for the camaraderie, and for entertaining me over the offseason with plethoras and filters, Kevin Jones homerism, IMO, the Brady Bunch, underage teens at the gym, phantom trips to Germany (Flock, you know you’re my boy), and many more.

Three cheers to a new season filled with football, laughs, advice, beer, and injuries! And there’s nowhere else I’d rather spend it.

;-D ;-D ;-D
Last edited by VHawk15 on Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Manja » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:31 pm

That was moving, VHawk. I'm sure we're all looking forward to the next 8000 posts.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tiki » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:56 pm

There it is! Great post man! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:46 am

congratz to one of the best here at the cafe ;-D
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:12 pm

Such a touching speach... :,-(

I'm lookin forward to the next few thousand; even though I disagree with you on a lot of things, you always make very thought out posts and always back up your opinions with fact. Definitely a great poster. ;-D
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:35 pm

wow, nice speech,...i was moved, anyways, gratz vhawk ;-D , i hope i get there somehow or another.(8k)
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Lushcrush » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:21 pm

Great fantasy mind ... we're not worthy Budro ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:57 pm

Gratz ole friend ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Previous

Return to General Talk