Dynast League: Aaron Brooks, QB, NO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dynast League: Aaron Brooks, QB, NO

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynast League: Aaron Brooks, QB, NO

Postby JoeyRoland » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:40 pm

Hello,

I'm in a dynasty league and just got done completing our auction. Since we use defensive players as well, I put some real cap towards my defense to ensure that I can some bargains and depth in a market that not too many are famaliar with.

Anyway, long story short, I ended up with Eli Manning and Kyle Boller at QB. Though Drew Bledsoe and David Carr are still technically available, I'd have to pull some serious trading and cap management to pick either of those guys up for a one -year deal.

So, I was wondering, if possible, is it worth trading for Aaron Brooks?

Given that I can't afford any bad decisions with long-term implications, what do you all think?

I'm not too sure if Brooks is going to be around in New Orleans for much longer, (good stats - can't win), and I'd love to be able to use Manning or Boller next season. But for now....

Thanks for any help!
JoeyRoland
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby black_hawk8888 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:46 pm

Brooks is definitely a step up from those 2. His inconsistency can drive you nuts but if you can live with that, his overall numbers should be top 10 or 12 again.
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby GMoney » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:12 pm

Brooks is inconsistent from game to game,

but hes CONSISTENTLY in the top 10 for overall points.... definately worth a look..... especially since NOBODY values the man and you can trade for him cheap.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby JoeyRoland » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:03 pm

I think you're both right about his consistancy! :-t However, my team is filled with consistancy right now with Jamal Lewis, Torry Holt, Tony Gonzalez, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, London Fletcher, and David Akers all starting.

The only problem I have is at my #2 WR and RB slot, (Fitzgerald or Coles),(Carnell Williams or K. Jones). My defensive backs not withstanding, (Lawyer Milloy, Roy Williams), I stand to have a pretty consistant team.

Perhaps I can get a Brooks and live with that. I mean how much more consistant is David Carr or Drew Bledsoe?

I think as long as I don't have to give up too much young talent or too much depth, I'll look into acquiring him with an open mind! ;-D

I think GMoney's comment pushed me over the top about the annual consistancy! :-?

Thanks! :-D
JoeyRoland
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:19 pm

JoeyRoland wrote:The only problem I have is at my #2 WR and RB slot, (Fitzgerald or Coles),(Carnell Williams or K. Jones). My defensive backs not withstanding, (Lawyer Milloy, Roy Williams), I stand to have a pretty consistant team.

Fitz and Coles are your 2nd and 3rd WRs? That's pretty solid. A solid vet and young guy with tons of potential. Also, KJ is your 2nd RB, and he's a nice guy to have as a 2nd RB. Caddy as your 3rd is icing on the cake. In a dynasty your team is looking great.

Perhaps I can get a Brooks and live with that. I mean how much more consistant is David Carr or Drew Bledsoe?

He's much better than either. Just dont give up too much for Brooks, and hang onto Eli for the future.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk