Running Back Situations (Pittman/Bennett) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Running Back Situations (Pittman/Bennett)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Running Back Situations (Pittman/Bennett)

Postby ffball god » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:19 pm

I was wondering if anyone had any information on pittmans situation and, also, about Mike Bennetts injury.

the bottom-line is, i want to know if pittman will play this year (if not then is thomas jones a good pickup) and if Bennett will return at all this year and by what week, because ive been thinking of also picking him up
ffball god

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The_Dude » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:49 pm

Bennett is out until at least November... that's at least 8-10 weeks without him... not worth it IMO... I know nothing about the Pittman/Jones situation, but would also be interested in hearing what folks out in TB have to say...

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:08 pm

I'm interested in the Jones situation as well; is he the starter over Pittman now?
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homeless » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:46 pm

Heres what I know about Pittman, he will play the first 2 games, then depending on how his probation hearing turns out he will either be doing time or playing. He has some pretty high powered lawyers trying to delay judgement against him.

Its a crap shoot.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:10 pm

Didnt we learn last week that Pittman's wife dropped the charges?

I thought someone posted that here.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Confluence » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:40 pm

Yes, his wife dropped the charges. I think his problem know is probation. Even though the charges are dropped, he still may be in violation of his probation. And what about the baby sitter? Did she drop charges?
blue 42 zip 3 razor
Confluence
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby xbird » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:44 pm

My understanding is she wanted to drop charges, but the prosecutor will still proceed. Fairly common in domestic violence
cases.
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby drunkenmonkey » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:46 pm

I posted about Pittman's wife. I've been keeping a close watch on the situation as Pittman is on one of my teams. Right now, from what I've read, it's about 70/30 that Pittman gets off with no time. The Bucs are planning on having him and using him, so that gives me some confidence, but Jones has been having a great pre-season. The latest I've read, Gruden is planning on using the dreaded RBBC with Pittman, Jones, and Alstott although it seems Pittman is going to be the every-down back with Jones the third down/spell back and Alstott on the goal-line situations. Pittman still has some use in yardage leagues, but is probably a bust in TD leagues.
It's time to roll the dice!
drunkenmonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby guest » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:41 pm

yea, the prosecuter can proceed. but she can not press charges and he can plead the fifth. that is also common in domestic cases. he could still be in parole violation, but with neither party talking, many times the prosecution has nothign to go on.

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk