What Now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Chicago Bears

What Now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What Now?

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:45 am

Goatwhacker wrote:I'm putting them the same way the Bears coaches are - if you read my post I said I think Blake gives the Bears a better chance to win.

Good point - I guess I am going on faith that Lovie and the gang will come to their senses before the season actually starts and Hutch plays the Bears into a hole they have no chance of coming back from...

Goatwhacker wrote:That said, you and I disagree on almost all the rest of your post. I don't know what you've seen in Blake to rank him so highly but I hope you're right.

My opinion of Blake is based on a number of things, mostly that I watched him play quite a bit with NO and Cinci and I think he got screwed in both cases by a quick hook - he went to the ProBowl while playing for the Cincinatti Bungles for cryin' out loud ('96 season with 3800yds and 28TDs passing plus a bunch of rushing yds)!!! He even holds the ProBowl record for longest completion at 93 yds (irrelevant but still interesting).

Then in NO in 2000 he was a big part of their 10-6 season, starting out at 7-3 before a foot injury opened the door for Brooks who kept the job even when Blake was healed in a move that reeked of youth over talent at the time...

His career QB rating is only 0.1 pts lower than McNabb, and is much higher than almost all the guys I bolded on the last post - including Statue Bledsoe...

He has the experience to carry this team until Grossman returns... I just hope he gets the chance early enough to save the season...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby nate_dog » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:18 am

Bears should start Blake against Washington and groom Orton to take the starting postion later in the season. Obviously, I'm not a Hutchinson fan and if were up to me he wouldn't play... but then it's most definitely not up to me!
nate_dog Beginner
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Chicago Bears