3 rb's in the first 3 rounds - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

3 rb's in the first 3 rounds

Moderator: Football Moderators

3 rb's in the first 3 rounds

Postby beerman » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:38 pm

Is it wise to take 3 rb's in the first three rounds. I know i would miss out on a top wr but your 2 top rb's could turn out to be duds like last year i had mccallister and f taylor :~(
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:43 pm

If your 2 top RB's turn out to be duds, a RB in the 3rd alone wont help ya. You will also need a RB from later rounds to hit the jackpot. Not only that, you will still be behind at WR and/or QB. So you will have to hit sleepers there too. My point is, If your first 2 round guys are busts, you're gonna need alot help to win the league. And the 3rd rd alone won't be able to do it for ya.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:16 pm

I only really would do this in flex leagues, unless the value is just too good and you're almost certain you can trade that 3rd RB for a better WR than whats available.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby agchris02 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:33 pm

If you play in a league where you start 2 rbs and a flex, this can be a great strat, however, i wouldnt take a 3rb over a T Holt that happened to fall. Typically I take 3rbs if Im picking at the bottom of a draft, whereas at the top of a draft Ill take 2bs and a wr -- just from the mocks and past experience

If you dont have a flex position, or you are in a league that only starts 1rb, unless its just GREAT value, no way I would
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chaucer » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:03 pm

I tried this last year. Ended up with Deuce, DDavis, and Quentin. Long story short, I had one great week, then the whole thing imploded. Deuce went down, Quentin lost his job, Davis had injuries. I think the plus side of this strategy is that three solid RBs is a terrific foundation for a team. The downside is that if you put all your eggs in one postitional basket, you can't rely on other positions to carry you if guys at that position don't work out.

Would I do it again? Not sure. But I'd much rather end up with Deuce, DDavis, and Javon Walker than Deuce, DDavis and Tatum "This Year's Quentin" Bell.
Chaucer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk