bad weekend for my team, need advice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

bad weekend for my team, need advice

Moderator: Football Moderators

bad weekend for my team, need advice

Postby cassell » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:05 pm

lost pennington, can i depend on maddox or should i try and trade for others (holcomb, hasselback, or mcnair are possibilities but i think i may have to give up to much)

i had chapman and toefield as 4 and 5 running backs, should i dump them as well?

my team:
qb: maddox
rb: portis, lt, duckett, chapman, toefield
wr: morgan, c. johnson, rogers, walker, boerighter, lelie, bryant
te: franks
cassell
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TyceBunn » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:18 pm

I would dump chapman or bryant here..i would say toefeild as well but fred is too fragile..your backs are solid..what qbs are left on the wire..why not try for vinnie or(gulp) q carter as i ponderd earlier...
TyceBunn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Same here

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:04 pm

Cassell - Your team looks so much like mine it's scary.
My Team:
QB's: Pennington, Hasselbeck & Bulger
RB's: Alexander, W. Green, Thomas, Hearst, Gordon
WR's: C. Johnson, Stallworth, Conway, A. Johnson, Walker, Morgan
TE: Shockey & Crumpler
DT: Panthers & Rams
Kickers: Carney & Wilkens

Anyway, the point is 'DON'T PANIC". Just like I have Hasselbeck you have Maddox. Both have good schedules. The only concern is the bye week in week 4 for Seattle. I have to find a QB and my choices are Carr, Quincy, Blake, Vinny and Redman. But I will NOT give up a top player or draft pick to get a backup for Hasselbeck and neither should you. Say cool. Look at Maddox's bye week and then the available QB and who their matchup's are. You should be ok with Maddox if the rest of your team is decent. You have great RB's in Portis and LT. Great WR's depth. Don't panic and give up too much. Make an offer to some other team owners and see if you can get a solid deal for a backup. Don't overpay. You have a good team and you just need Maddox to be consistant and you should be very competitive. Good Luck.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:25 pm

I think Maddox is fine for your #1, and I don't think you should hurt your otherwise strong roster in order to get someone like Hasselbeck. One question: how did you get Portis and LT?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

lt and portis

Postby cassell » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:27 pm

i got both of these guys with some serious draft order trading. i am in a 12 team league and drew pick 11. i gave up a ton for the #2 and #3 picks overall. funny thing is i did it all to get ricky but the #1 took him anyway. i have had williams every year but this, but i do like my chances with lt and cp.

thanks for the advice
cassell
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk