Draft Strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Draft Strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Strategy

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:44 pm

After reading the "what i have learned" post, i have a few questions. I usually draft to fill my positions (rb,rb,wr, and then fill my roster with whats best available at each position). I read that alot of people go with just picking studs regardless of what position your drafting, instead of picking to fill your needs...what do you think is the best strategy to go with?
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:46 pm

Obviously you want as many studs as possible, but it all just depends on that particular draft.

If I had 2 RB's already and was looking at Kevin Jones or Andre Johnson, I'd go with Kevin Jones. Now if Chad Johnson were there, it would be different.

Just depends on the flow of the draft, how big your tiers are, etc. I don't think you should pidgeon-hole yourself into a particular strategy. Just see how it unfolds, and make the best decisions from there.

But to answer the question, I would take a stud, even if I didn't need him, rather than take a mediocre player just to fill out my roster. Trade bait is a beautiful thing.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:45 pm

I typically draft to fill out my starting lineup rather than draft depth at a position unless there is someone blatantly sitting there at a position I have filled that should not be.

I'd rather have a better overall starting club than be a guy who is real deep at one position but my starting players at other positions are not as good as they could have been.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby MadScott » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:49 pm

I'm of the opinion that value is value, whenever you can spot it, take it. I've really yet to see too many quality RBs become a problem.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk