Postby Fakker » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:18 pm

I was offered a trade:
(ME GIVING)Faulk/Gardner/Sloan FOR McAllister/Gonzalez/R. Smith
My tean is currently
Bledsoe/Miller QB's
Moulds/Driver/Pathon/Branch WR's
Faulk/T. Henry/Barlow RB's
Sloan TE

I think with the tanking of the Rams and everyone able to stop them it would be a good time to pull the trigger on a Faulk Deal. This trade will improve me at every position but RB but McAllister has a pretty easy schedule here on in when the Rams is only going to get harder. What does everyone think.
God Dawm I'm Hooked on FF
Fakker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JayM09 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:22 pm

no even though you would get 3 quality guys in return, you would still be giving to much for a player of faulk's status. hang tight for now, faulk will come around.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:08 pm

I agree with Jay. Faulk is still the top fantasy player, the guy who should go first in every draft. Don't trade him, he will carry your team.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby a1doug182 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:40 pm

I think that you are right in considering this trade. If Warner and company can't get on track then Faulk's #'s are going to suffer. TB's CB's have stated that going into the Monday night's game that thier scouts have noticed that Warner has been locking onto his recievers and that his eyes were giving him away and it appears that they are onto something. Also Holt is going to get more attention because Bruce just isn't the reciever that he was two years ago, if he was he would have never missed that deep pass Monday night that he dropped. All this is just going to make it harder on Faulk. Also with the back-up situation the way it is you can't be sure which of his understudies to get as his back-up and he also seems to miss some playing time each season with some sort of injury. That being said be careful of who you are willing to trade him for because although McAllister has put up good numbers so far this season look at how many touches a game it is taking him to get them. I have my doubts about him holding up to this kind of punishment for a 16 game season. He never went a full season in collage without an injury. I would look for a RB that has a more proven track record, if you could do that with the recivers he is offering you would still be sitting good no matter what Faulk does after the trade.
a1doug182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:49 pm

I gotta disagree here.Deuce is loose in New Orleans & Rod Smith is a superstud reciever.I'm not saying Faulk won't get his.I would just rather have these guys than him.You get an upgrade at TE too.Lotta upside here.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:59 pm

Look at the points. Its the single best way to determine who is worth what. In my league last year faulk put up 330 points. He will struggle to make that this year. RB are rare tho and Faulk is still a top pick regardless of how the rams are doing right now. In short you will be giving up the games best RB, but if after you research the points return it looks like a good deal for you, then do it.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:18 am

I did the yards & scores,so far.

Faulk/Gardner/Sloan
total all purpose yds.-544
TD-5

McAllister/Gonzalez/R. Smith
total all purpose yds.-633
TD-6
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk