San Diego Def. Week 4? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

San Diego Def. Week 4?

Moderator: Football Moderators

San Diego Def. Week 4?

Postby mt6er » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:59 pm

I have San Diego's D and I'm debating whether I should play them against the Patriots or pick up Oakland (vs. Titans) or Jacksonville (vs. Jets). What do you think?
mt6er
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:11 am

You don't need a D yet.San Diego is leading the NFL in total defense at 206 yards a game.Oakland is a close 3rd at 229.5 yards a game.Oakland has only got 2 games under their belt also,SD has 3.Charles Woodson is also out this week.Pick up Oakland if you need insurance,but play SD this week. 8-o
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kswiss » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:49 am

...but would you start New Orleans D vs. Detroit over San Diego?
kswiss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:03 am

I would say yes 'cause of Detroit's inexperience at QB.They will undoubtedly give up the rock a couple times.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kashikis » Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:12 am

normally id say start SD every week from what they shown #1defense

but id play NO over them this week because they are still a good def playing a horrible team
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:30 am

I agree...but sometimes the temptation of what may come is greater than what you get...Either you stick with the points you know you'll get, or go with the "sweet deal"...It all boils down to whether you have the guts to risk it or if you'd rather stay home with ol' reliable...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

I Respected You Yesterday

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:46 pm

Respect doesn't seem to last long. I thought people had finally woke up to the fact that the Patriots are for real. Brady & Co. will eat San Diego's defense for breakfast by halftime.

The REAL question here should be ... is San Diego's defense for real? So far they have defended against the 28th and 32nd ranked offenses, two of the worst in the league, and Arizona the 21st ranked offense in the league. Arizona has somehow managed to score one less TD than Detroit, for heaven's sake. Cinci and Houston have combined in 3 weeks for a whopping 3 offensive touchdowns, or half a touchdown each every week. Houston, the league's worst offense, has nonetheless managed to look respectable by playing good defense and conservative, clock eating offense.

San Diego hasn't faced a real offense. This week it does. Wake up and smell the roses. Brees is going to be facing a defensive mastermind who has all ready baffled several veteran QB's; he will be hurried, flushed, knocked down, and probably knocked out before the day is over. This means lots of punting and lots of time on the field for San Diego's defense. That won't be a good thing; trust me. Tomlinson may buy the Chargers some clock time and even add a score or two, but the defense is going to get a thrashing that it won't soon forget. Obviously I can't say that there won't be forced fumbles, sacks, or interceptions to help the Chargers D, but I can say that Brady will throw for 300+ yards and several TD's, which alone will take a bite out of SD's fantasy potential.

Trade some bench sitter for a better D to use this week. You will be lucky if the Chargers Defense doesn't lose you points.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk