Are you sick of all your dynasty leagues having dead managers and half your league being inactive? Well, the National Dynasty Football League will answer that question. We created this league with the hope of allowing members to have the optimal fantasy football experience; a league where everyone is active, everyone competes, and last but not least, everyone has fun. In order to accomplish this goal, we are only selecting the best, brightest and most active managers for our league. Much of the league's activities (especially during the offseason) will be run through a message board which is currently being set up. As for activity, there will be no "requirement;" making someone check up on their team once every three days or so is silly. The one necessity, however, for all managers, is that everyone stay interested. It is important to remember that picking up someone like Lamont Jordan in a trade at the end of last year would pay big dividends this year; it is VERY important to remember that there is always next year. For this reason, we expect that regardless of standing, everyone will keep their interest through the end of the year and into the offseason.
We only have 4 spots left so please apply ASAP.
The settings of the league are posted below and this league is run on Yahoo.
League Name: NDFL 2005-06
Draft Type: Live Draft
Max Teams: 20
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: No trade deadline
Trade Review: League Votes
Waiver Time: 2 days
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (8 teams)
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Rushing Yards (15 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Block Kick (2)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
Fractional Points: No
Negative Points: Yes
To be considered for the league you must fill out this application and email it to: mailto:email@example.com
. Note that the email address is “sdbball233” not like my ID which just has one number 3
NDFL 2005-06 Application
1. Behind Tomlinson and Alexander, who is the third best back and why?
2. Which defense is the best and why?
3. If your team ends up in last place with 2 weeks before the trade deadline, what players would you target in order to rebuild for next year, and why would you go after those players?
4. Does a team's regular season record and playoff status ever impact the fantasy world, and if so, why?
5. Who is currently the most valuable player in fantasy football?
6. In our league, Running backs should end up counting for more than WR due to rushing yards being worth more than receiving yards (even though receptions count). With this in mind, where would you take the top WR on your board in a 20 team draft, and why?
7. Who will be this year's most underrated fantasy back and why?
8. Who will be this year's most underrated WR and why?
9. Who will be this year's most underrated QB and why?
10. Who is the next big TE to seemingly come out of nowhere, a la Antonio Gates?
11. What is your favorite spot to have in a draft and why?