My super sleeper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My super sleeper

Moderator: Football Moderators

My super sleeper

Postby GreenBay4Life » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:07 pm

Guys i know there is much said about getting that all important late round sleeper in your draft but i honestly have to say i think i found the guy. obviously this year fantasy guru's are calling for ashley lelie, barlow or marc i cant even spell his last name from kansas city to be sleepers this year but i think the guy everyone is forgetting about is WR Antonio Bryant. Ive done 3 live drafts already and have him on all my teams. he goes anywhere from 12 rounds or below. i honestly think he is a super sleeper just for the fact that the guy has pure talent and he has a great coach who loves him already. I have him mostly as a a backups backup right now but i will put money on it that by the mid season you might be subing him into the startering lineup. i know some of you are saying the cowboys qb situation stinks and he wont do much but lets take a look at last year. he had over 700 yrds receiving and 6 tds. he ended his season on 170receiving and 1 td. this guy did well for a rookie and i think dallas last year was worst than they are this year. so take it from me you wont regret it, this guy will tear it up this year and make you look like a genius.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ben_ffc » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:14 pm

and you would take him over lelie or boerigter? i wouldn't, but i agree that bryant will have a decent year. i think the other two are in for big ol' bigguns.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:15 pm

I have Bryant as a late pick in on of my leagues.I like the guy...he is a Pitt product afterall. ;-D

I would take him over Bo,but not Lelie...

...he's ripping it up tonight on MNF BTW.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreenBay4Life » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:18 pm

not saying i would take him over lelie but the fact that everyone pretty much knows about lelie and other sleepers makes bryant look like super sleeper who people dont know about yet.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ben_ffc » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:26 pm

lelie will rawk it all year. boerigter is trent green's main man. when i said the word boerigter, half of the room nodded silently while the other half openly gasped, "who? what the...?"

probably a bit early, i grabbed lelie in the 9th round. the room was hushed. i got boerigter in the 10th round. apparently, i could have waited until the 12th round for either. this makes both he and lelie sleepers in my mind. i definitely spazzed out on them, but the fact is, they're going to be really special this season, and very few are willing to jump on either.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby yoda83 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:43 pm

ben, i dont know who or how many you drafted against, but i would love to get lelie in the 9th and boerigter in the 10th. the lelie pick is especially nice. no way he goes that low in our draft next sunday.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chinch sacs » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:57 pm

Lelie is on the FA in my league, its a 10 team league that starts 3 WR...

But the only WR I have to drop is T. Taylor

my WRs are: Holt, Driver, Booker, Q. Morgan (was also on the WW) and Taylor... :-?
Fantasy sports are dominated by the 50-50-90 rule.
any time you have a 50/50 choice on something,
90% of the time you'll get it wrong.
chinch sacs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby awwchrist » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:46 am

WRs on teams with no QB = frustration.

Not only do you have to get by the whole Antonio Bryant himself has to have an emergence....but Carter does as well. Both of those are not likely to happen when their running game is suspect already.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bubbamooch » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:26 am

While Bryant has a ton of talent. I think Dallas O is worse than last year without a running game. I wouldn't be surprised if Adrian Murrell (remember him Jets fans!) is starting by week 3. Bryant will also be fighting Galloway for balls too. Its a shame he's on such a bad team because he would be a stud on most others.
Bubbamooch
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Poobah » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:00 pm

Bubba, hush your mouth, I need Hambrick to be my #3 RB and hold up, or else I better trade him soon-like...

I don't think any of these guys counts as "super-sleepers". For this category you need a guy that wasn't mentioned hardly at all in those magazines printed back in June, and even as the drafts got started, wasn't getting picked.

I think of guys like Robert Ferguson (who just got named the #2 in GB), Steve Smith (who is penalized for being in Carolina and being a head case), but you could go even farther:

Justin Fargas: he may just be a preseason phenom, but Garner's inury is spooking more than a few. Wheatley is on the wrong side of 30, Crockett won't run more than 4 yards at a time, and Fargas has a style similar to Garner, so he's one of these last-round flyers that can be easily dropped if something better comes along...
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to Football Talk