Kelley Washington's dance: Overboard or Encouraging? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Kelley Washington's dance: Overboard or Encouraging?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kelley Washington's dance: Overboard or Encouraging?

Postby dave416 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:23 pm

In Cincy's 24-17 win over Washington last night, in case you didn't see, Washington caught a 45 yard touchdown from Palmer, and broke into a Ray Lewis-like dance. I mean, it is good to see he is pumped, but you just burned an obviously winded, rookie CB in a preseason game, relax. Unfortunately, this supports the report earlier in camp that he would celebrate 7 yard catches in practice, a la Freddie Mitchell.

Here is to Washington being productive this year without turning into Mitchell. ;-D
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Arlo » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:45 am

I don't know - nothing wrong with being pumped, of course, but I think I'd rather have a guy on my side who's confident enough that he expects to have many more meaningful opportunities to celebrate this year. :-?

Maybe it's just me, but it always rubs me the wrong way when players simply have no idea when to celebrate and when to just get ready for the next down. Jumping around and thumping your chest after making a second-down tackle with your team down by 19 in the fourth is a particular favorite... :-/
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chew » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:58 am

KW always does that same dance after a TD. It's the "Squirrel" or whatever. Doesn't matter the situation. Fortunately, I don't think he's caught a TD pass when they were down by 21 in the 4th or something. It's his thing.. he just does it to garner attention.
Chew
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Cincinnati Bengals