Al Harris - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

Al Harris

Moderator: Football Moderators

Al Harris

Postby skibrett15 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:51 pm

This guy is on paper our best defender in the secondary and one of our best defenders overall, but he gets a bad rap among Pack fans. I actually know some non packer fans that like him a lot as a player. He is a pretty good corner, I'd say about as good as mckenzie was. He did blow it in the game against Minny against moss when moss was still injured, but has been solid otherwise I think. What do you guys think of him?
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:32 am

He'll make a mistake on occasion and perhaps take a few too many risks, but overall, I think it's hard to complain about a sixth-rounder turning out the way he has. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kidvish » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:41 am

I've always liked Al, but I think he is average at best. He is our best, but that doesn't bode too well. He's tough on the run, but can get beat deep. If we have a FS that can roam more, he'll look better.
kidvish
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PackerAttack84 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:27 pm

I like the guy, he would be an excellent #2 cornerback on any team, but with our situations in the secondary he is our #1. I think that if McKenzie wouldn't have held out, last year our defense would've been much better, because what Bob Slowik needed for his blitz heavy defense was 2 shut-down corners, he lost 1 in McKenzie and was forced to play Carroll at #2.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Crimedogg32 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:11 am

I really like Al harris but to do what he does best (blitz take chances help against the run) I think he needs to be the #2 or #3 CB like he was in Philly and his first year with the Packers
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TheRaven » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:01 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:I really like Al harris but to do what he does best (blitz take chances help against the run) I think he needs to be the #2 or #3 CB like he was in Philly and his first year with the Packers

;-D
TheRaven
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Green Bay Packers