The world of Fantasy Football rotates around me - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The world of Fantasy Football rotates around me

Moderator: Football Moderators

The world of Fantasy Football rotates around me

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:08 pm

It's true. Since my dynasty draft a little over a month ago. EVERY major holdout going on and EVERY significant injury to a player that is actually on the FF radar in the preseason has been a member of my team.

So far we've got 2 holdouts:
Benson and Gates.

And 2 noteworthy injuries:
Grossman and Fason

Any I'm missing?

What do those 4 have in common? They're all on the team I just drafted (plus Muhsin and Bears D, which will be adversly affected by Grossman going down). Is there anyone out there that's holding out or injured and NOT on my team? C'mon FF gods, I know you guys don't like me but ease off a bit.

For those wondering what players to avoid in their upcoming drafts, I've also got Randy Moss and Steven Jackson so stay far away. Oh yea, and Charlie Rogers but I don't think I needed to mention that with his recent history.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:53 pm

LOL (I shouldnt laugh) its a terrible thing. Grossman especially, I really feel bad for you and the Bears.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby STLFantasyGuy » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:37 pm

haahha waita kick of ur season
STLFantasyGuy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: The world of Fantasy Football rotates around me

Postby Manja » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:44 pm

Free Bagel wrote:For those wondering what players to avoid in their upcoming drafts, I've also got Randy Moss.

In related news, Moss decides to smoke marijuana before the drug test he scheduled in spite Free Bagel.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby houstonherdfan » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:14 am

Manja wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:For those wondering what players to avoid in their upcoming drafts, I've also got Randy Moss.

In related news, Moss decides to smoke marijuana before the drug test he scheduled in spite Free Bagel.

this from a guy named Manja (ganja)
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:34 am

Well, don't take it too hard...last year I think Jay lost both his starting RB's before the year (one was Ricky and I can't remember the other one), and he ended up either winning that league or getting really far anyway... B-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:41 am

FB, I'm in the same boat, but not with holdouts, just injuries. My first year ever in fantasy football, I had 6 guys out with injuries by week 2, starters on my team too.

Last year, I got into a dynasty league. My top 3 RBs: Priest Holmes, Brian Westbrook, Julius Jones. Yeah, who would've thought Dunn would be my healthiest RB. Not to mention Deion Branch on my WRs, Brian Urlacher, Boss Bailey and Mark Simoneau at LB, and well the list goes on.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Manja » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:31 am

houstonherdfan wrote:
Manja wrote:

this from a guy named Manja (ganja)

This from a guy that's a fan. Yeah, I got nothing. Oh, I can't wait for National Freshman Trip Day.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:09 am

Ohhhh...that really sucks FB. When I stop laughing I'm sure that I will feel really bad for you :-b

and btw - Stephen Davis is probably going to miss the entire pre-season and maybe the start of the season.

You should probably try to trade for Thomas Jones. If you are lucky his owner will be a kind-hearted gentle soul who will want to help you out of this jam......oops, too bad, I own him :-D

just kidding, I'm sure that we can work something out if you want. Gates for Jones and Graham?

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:59 pm

Im begging you to A. Trade Charles Rogers or B. Just let him go.
As a Lions fan i beg this of you :-b

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk